GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone ever tried inflating an auto tire tube under a GL1800 that was laying on its side to help get it up? I was in a remote area after a wrong turn and found myself on the ground after trying to go very slowly over a concrete water crossing (a trickle of water). :cry: I have 3 herniated discs so I was not going to try to lift it without help and had to wait an hour for some one to come along that would help. I was thinking that this tire tube idea might just work?

·
Registered
93 Posts
That link provided the most concise, well written presentation on how to lift a fallen motorcycle I have ever seen.

Thanks Chazzman,

Ken

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lifting a downed gl1800

Thanks for the reply and I am familiar with these techniques but I was looking for a less physical method and my neighbor being a retired California Hwy Patrol officer suggested this as a possible solution. The herniated discs cause leg pain and weakness also.

·
Registered
477 Posts
After riding for an extended period of time, the engine and exhaust pipes can get very hot. What happens to the inner tube when it touches hot metal?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The "walk it up" technique only works for me on a solid, level surface, with a non-slip surface.
On an inclined, loose surface, with no solid footing, I NEED HELP...........
maybe GALUTE can lift it by himself in a muddy creek bed, but i can't.:shrug:
the hobo

·
Registered
841 Posts
As you can tell from my board name...I've done the walk up ah.....several times. I've not tried #2 but it looks like a gut string buster to me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts