GL1800Riders Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Seeing as this post is over 6years old, and I've been seeing some newer folks asking similar questions, I'm giving this post a bump to help our fellow riders out.

Reactions: Glockjock

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Another bump as just saw another question posted about jacking the bike up. Hope this helps someone...

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Old thread, but another recent one posted with the same questions, so time for a yearly bump I reckon 😉

Reactions: Glockjock

·
Registered
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT Airbag
2,663 Posts
Well,
I thought I'd contribute to this. In the pics, you see my older Wing, an '08 Level II. I did have a belly pan on it but, that really didn't hinder the ability to lift it with my Chinesium M/C jacks. It lifted it just fine and I used a few tie-downs to secure it once it's up and airborne. I have yet to try this with our new-to-us '18 Tour DTC Airbag.
Scott

Attachments

Reactions: BigBob1

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
@FIRE UP. You'll need two 1x3x8" (might be 6" long, been a while since i made them) shims to put on the jack supports as the 18+ muffler system sits lower than the lifting points. Otherwise lifts the same.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT Airbag
2,663 Posts
@FIRE UP. You'll need two 1x3x8" (might be 6" long, been a while since i made them) shims to put on the jack supports as the 18+ muffler system sits lower than the lifting points. Otherwise lifts the same.
Hey thanks for that tip Sir! I'm sure I got some scrap wood around here I can zap those pieces out of.
Scott

41 - 48 of 48 Posts