GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2010 gw and would like to know if I can lift it up with a motorcycle jack without damaging exhaust pipes?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Well hell, lets get it over with..... and you can lay it over, sling it up with a hoist, use a fork lift or table lift, or just a simple jack and stands....... Its all been done before, what ever works for you...

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I have 2010 gw and would like to know if I can lift it up with a motorcycle jack without damaging exhaust pipes?
I make sure that when I lift up my wing I use the frame. If you try to lift it anywhere else the plastic will crack. I also have problems getting anyone to work on the wing while I am lifting it. I guess they think I am going to drop it on them.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
I make sure that when I lift up my wing I use the frame. If you try to lift it anywhere else the plastic will crack. I also have problems getting anyone to work on the wing while I am lifting it. I guess they think I am going to drop it on them.
And what part of the frame(I think we're talking 1800's here) would that be and what part of the plastic would come in contact w/a proper motorcycle jack.
:shrug:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

ZING!!!! Nice cast, no need to set the hook, you caught the dog on the retrieve.... Nice...

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts