GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '07 GL1800 that has after market lights on the rear. There is a plug and play controller that says "Big Bike Parts" on it. This box controls the high mounted wing brake light, turn signals and the martini lights across the trunk. Last year it started not flashing the right turn lights on the trunk and the wing brake light was not working. All other lights worked. I took the license plate section out and located this control box. When I flicked it or tapped it the lights would work again. Any way to wire lights without this control box? Where can I find a replacement unit? tapping is not working. Also the corresponding trailer lights would not work either. Bike is soon due for state inspection and this will certainly cause a problem (rejection). Not to mention I miss all the lights when turning and stopping to wake up the many distracted divers to my intentions.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sounds like bad solder joints in "da box"... I'd make an attempt at pulling the thing apart and reflowing the solder....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts