GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
17,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When modulators are installed for headlamps, does anyone know what the name is for the 2-piece plastic holder/retainer that is used to secure the little glass sensor in place ???

Does anyone know where to get some ???

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Good question, mine didn't come with anything like that. All I had was the sensor, which was threaded, and a pair of nuts. I removed one of the push pins that mount the inner shelter liner, and inserted the sensor in that hole, securing it with the nuts.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I didn’t us it. It looked so cheap that I didn’t think it would hold up.

I’d think you could contact Kisen with your quest for replacements.

·
Vendor
17,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn’t us it. It looked so cheap that I didn’t think it would hold up.
Can I have it ??? I have a customer who is missing his.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
image.jpg

Found it! Quite the job, even emptied the garage garbage can looking for it. It’s always the last place you look...the second time!!!!!!:grin2:

Anyway, mail it to your shop? I go by the P.O. tomorrow. Oh, the container is just something to have it in when I have the PO package it for shipment.

·
Vendor
17,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you. Do I owe you anything ???

Greg

View attachment 337415

Found it! Quite the job, even emptied the garage garbage can looking for it. It’s always the last place you look...the second time!!!!!!:grin2:

Anyway, mail it to your shop? I go by the P.O. tomorrow. Oh, the container is just something to have it in when I have the PO package it for shipment.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Thank you. Do I owe you anything ???

Greg
No, it’s all right. I was going to tease about having you put the updated gears, a new ADG and an alternator in but I’ve only got 60 thousand on it. I should be good yet. It’ll be shipped out today.

·
Vendor
17,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you

Greg

No, it’s all right. I was going to tease about having you put the updated gears, a new ADG and an alternator in but I’ve only got 60 thousand on it. I should be good yet. It’ll be shipped out today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts