GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have am 04 GL1800 with the built in lighted controls (volume, cruise control, reverse...those controls). I noticed driving last night that the light is fading. For example, on the left handlebar there's the control label "Tune / Disk". The word Tune is lit up nicely but Disk is much fainter. Same is true of some labels on the right handlebar control.

Has anyone seen this before? I'm still under warranty so I assume my local dealer will cover this - they are pretty good about taking care of their customers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't realize they were replacable bulbs. I thought it was some sort of powered-glow material. I've checked the parts fiche and see them.

Does anyone know if they are hard to replace?

·
GL1800 Doctor
21,128 Posts
They are pretty easy to replace as long as you can get the switch assemblies apart. They are T3 bulbs, not LEDs, and you probably have one burned out if it is dim in an area. Check your brightness setting also, maybe someone played with it. The bulbs come complete with the wires and a little plug on them. They have different wire lengths, so you have to order the right part number. :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
techdude2000 said:
They are pretty easy to replace as long as you can get the switch assemblies apart. They are T3 bulbs, not LEDs, and you probably have one burned out if it is dim in an area. Check your brightness setting also, maybe someone played with it. The bulbs come complete with the wires and a little plug on them. They have different wire lengths, so you have to order the right part number. :D
there's a brightness setting ???

·
GL1800 Doctor
21,128 Posts
On my 04 there is. From my owners manual:

Multi-display
To adjust the brightness of the display:
Push the MODE button once. ‘‘ILLUMINATION’’ will display.
(The brighter and darker ranges each have six steps.)
To brighten the display
To set the selected step
push the DISP. button ( ).
push the TRIP button ( ).
push the MODE button.
To darken the display :D

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I have about 3 bulbs out as well. You need to figure out exactly which ones they are. They come from Honda in different lengths. I have replaced the ones at the suspension lights, which was pretty easy. The handlebar controls is like a maze inside there. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts