GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on replacing the black radiator grill covers with chrome ones and at the same time I would like to install amber LEDs that would reflect off the chrome covers. I'm going for an indirect lighting effect. I know others have done this and I'm looking for what type of LEDs were used where they were purchased and how they should be mounted.

Also let me know how satisfied you are with the results and if you would change anything if you could.

Many thanks,

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Dean,

I'm going to be doing the same thing this week, depending on when I get the chrome from HDL.

I've seen some installations that have used a Kury Stealth bar mounted on the back side of the cover to illuminate the grille, and also some installations of the LED "Step Lights" to do the same thing. I'm pretty sure you can get both of these from HDL.

I'm probably going to make my own assembly to try to get a more even distribution of light over the grill, and the LEDs I use are much brighter than the ones in the step lights or the Kury bar.

The intent will be to tie it into the blinker circuit to have it flash with the blinkers and on solid while running.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just installed these lights last week. Radiator grills are stock black. I bought them on eBay for less than $8.00 each.

They are almost always on there but I did a seach and can not find them now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts