GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have not bought the lighter socket yet as i'm still trying to find the best for the money. ther is aplug in the harness for thisbut there is no power to it without the switch on. i want to install it hot all the time down in the glove box. is there a plug for hot all the time or will it need to come directly off the battery?

·
Vendor
17,774 Posts
The best one for the money is always the HondaLine. Yes they are more money, but they always provide less problems over time. The Honda ones never have a hot spade connection hanging exposed out the back. The large nut that holds the socket in place is specifically intended for our application. And, thay have a water proof cap that is really water proof.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
i have not bought the lighter socket yet as i'm still trying to find the best for the money. ther is aplug in the harness for thisbut there is no power to it without the switch on. i want to install it hot all the time down in the glove box. is there a plug for hot all the time or will it need to come directly off the battery?
Napa sells a pretty high quality cig. lighter and I think it is around $5-6. After going through about 5 lighters, I found the ones sold by Autozone, Advance and Pep Boys to be junk (they were all had the "Victor" name on them).

·
Registered
442 Posts
Generally, people forget that many accessory plugs are manufactured for a certain amperage. Some of the cheaper ones are for low amperage and don't last. And the marine industry has some of the better ones with corrosion resistance.

·
Vendor
17,774 Posts
The best one for the money is always the HondaLine. Yes they are more money, but they always provide less problems over time. The Honda ones never have a hot spade connection hanging exposed out the back. The large nut that holds the socket in place is specifically intended for our application. And, thay have a water proof cap that is really water proof.
Napa sells a pretty high quality cig. lighter and I think it is around $5-6. After going through about 5 lighters, I found the ones sold by Autozone, Advance and Pep Boys to be junk (they were all had the "Victor" name on them).
See what I mean ... just get the Honda one, and it is the only one you will ever buy. There really is a reason it cost more but still the better bargin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts