GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Returning from trip to Alaska and my brake lights, signals, and lights on Aspen classic are not working! Neither is my cruise control. Could it be the isolator?
When I apply brake dash turn signals light up! Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I had a similar problem awhile ago turned out to be a connection under the seat its a C14 pin connection towards the rear guard trunk area sometimes they can get dirty or rusty remove the seat find the plug unplug and clean it worked for me

CHEERS :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
There is a gray 14 pin connector under the rear seat or fender area (depending on the year) that has the main ground for the entire rear of the bike running through it. It can easily be overloaded and corrode or melt the socket losing connection causing the issues you are having. If it is just corroded unplugging and plugging back in may fix it for a while. I took and ran an additional ground wire to carry the load of my accessories and reduce the "stress" on that connection.
I would look to see if your isolator is grounded through this connection instead of back to the battery.

·
Registered
970 Posts
If it is just the trailer lights I would suspect the isolator wiring. I know of a couple going bad. Also I would suspect the cruise problem is caused by dirt in the switch, possibly from your trip.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help. Check the gray plug under the seat and cleaned it and put it back together and it worked.
Good to have such a valuable forum!
Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts