GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed light for the stock grip heater controls. I have a 2004 and all the other controls have lights that I can see at night except the grip heater controls

Thanks for the help

Dale

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Just did that. Used a small 90 degree mounted 3 LED light, made by www.signaldynamics.com Found at local dealer for $13. Come in colors red, amber,green, blue, and white, with outer cover black or chrome. Look under step-lites to find them. Used velcro and mounted at 12 oclock above the dial. With amber color, so it matches the front lights, the dial is lite up very well, and not to over powering. A person could add more resistance to dim the light if they wanted to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is two lots for two mini bayonet ligths in the sides of the console, will try to find the plugs to install the electrical connector

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Just an info item. Honda didn't light these due to reflection that occurs in the windshield at night.

·
Vendor
16,026 Posts
Just an info item. Honda didn't light these due to reflection that occurs in the windshield at night.
I think the OP has a 2004. So that probably means that he is referring to a Hondaline accessory kit that has a control panel attache to the right lock panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts