GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen many GW with lights on their antennas. Can anyone tell me if that effects radio reception? Where can I get lights and how do you mount them?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have one on my antenna and it doesn't affect the CB at all, I bought it about 7 years ago and it just slips over the top of the antenna but I can't tell you where I got it. I was at one of the many rallies and seen it and thought it would be neat and bought one thinking it wouldn't last long and had it on the 02 until I bought the 08 and now have 60,000 + on the 08 and it is still working great.
I have had a lot of people ask me where I got it and hope someone on here knows of somewhere to buy them so I can let people know also, I remember they weren't much.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
There was a company that made a light that fit on the tip your CB antenna and would light up when you keyed the mike.
Haven't seen them in years.
Might find them at a truck stop.

·
Co-Sponsor
444 Posts
I would use electroluminecent wire,,, comes in many colors, available at auto zone, etc... would just wrap the wire around the antenna and use a a couple of wire tires and color matching electrical tape to mount

·
Co-Sponsor
444 Posts
use a 5 ft length on each antenna for good coverage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts