GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to mount a set of 20 watt running lights and wire them to come on with headlights on high beam. Where would be the best place to tie in to the wiring? Is the factory wiring and fuse large enough to handle the load? Thanks

·
Registered
761 Posts
You did not mention if you already had the lights or not. Electrical Connection has great lights http://www.electricalconnection.com/dri ... gl1800.htm . They come with a switch and directions the give you several options for wiring. I have mine wired so there is power to the switch when the key is in the on position. I just leave the switch on and they come on whenever the bike is on. I can not remember for sure exactly where I tied into the wiring. I got the amber lights. The high beams on the GL1800 put out so much light I did not feel I needed more light to see by. However, the amber lights do make me more visible to traffic ahead of me. I have had many comments from other riders how noticable the front of the bike is.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the Super White lights from EC! I used the factory wiring harnes behind the lower fairing. Lights are switched independent so that I can run with High Beams, and Cowl Dribving lights on at same time!

Great lighting that fills in between the High beams and bike on dark roads toward right side. Wouldn't have it any other way!

Hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts