GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We plan to ride this Sat as weather looks good. This will be Markers last ride for a while as he is getting his hands fixed. We will meet at Casey's on NW48th and Hwy 34 at 8:00 AM ride leaves at 8:30 AM. I believe we are riding to Indian Cave Park near Brownville NE. Not sure if it is a picnic ride will up date if it is. The high for the day is suppose to be 64. Those who ride with us often will receive a text message on there phone. Show up and get added to list of contacts. Instead of starting a new tread each week they will be added to this one. I tried to do that last weekend but missed up the title and can't change it so I'll let that one die. A lot of us have CB radios but we also us hand signal so if new ask someone to show you these. Any make of bike is welcome. You will need a State Park sticker Marker may have some with him just ask. :coffee1: :biker:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Terri and I will be camping this weekend with my folks.
My Fathers cancer has spread and we are not sure how much longer we have with him? So we are going to spend as much time as we can.
I'm not sure if we will be riding the following weekend either?

Either way you guys keep the rubber side down and the shiney side up.

Doug

·
Registered
469 Posts
Can't make it this week, have to go to GI to visit with the In-laws. Maybe next time. Doug, sorry to hear about your Dad. Spend as much time with him as you can and you won't have to second guess yourself later. Been there, done that. And I probably should have done it better!!!!!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So sorry to hear about your dad Doug. As Hndymn said spend as much time as you can with him. I spent dad's last night with him and we were able to say we loved each other, I think it was the only time he said that. I would not give it up for anything. Keep us informed. :coffee1:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Thank's Guy's,
It is going to prove to be a tough time!
He is a good man and has a heart the size of Texas, In his lifetime he has helped a lot of people and has been there when needed.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As it was raining at 8:00 turn and out was light only four bikes. Three wings and a Valk. Hay Doug give Bob P and ask him about his rear run flat tire. LOL. We went to Honda dealer in Clarks NE again instead of the Indian Cave will save it for when more riders show up. :coffee1::roll: :lol: :?: :eek:4:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sat 4-28-12 Ride

Just got a text saying that tomorrows ride is on. Meet at NW48th & Hyw 34 Casey's at 8:00 leave at 8:30 AM. It suppose to be 45 than so dress for cooler temps. We might stop at Rod's Power Sport as they are having an open house with BQ. Last year we got there to late and food was all gone. Hope to see you there. :coffee1:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Grog, We will be at the westroads mall on I680 and Dodge street this weekend for our mall show. I will be there most of the day. We are in the mall at the Panera bread entrance by Von maur if you want to stop by. I did know about Rods open house, Justin from Indian cycles in Gretna was taking a couple bikes and a Can Am down for the open house.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grog, We will be at the westroads mall on I680 and Dodge street this weekend for our mall show. I will be there most of the day. We are in the mall at the Panera bread entrance by Von maur if you want to stop by. I did know about Rods open house, Justin from Indian cycles in Gretna was taking a couple bikes and a Can Am down for the open house.
We had five bikes on the Sat ride. A Victory, a can am, and three wings one my trike. We did the river run and than went to Rod's for the open house spent most of the afternoon there. Enjoyed the BBQ meal and meet some old and new friends. I had 150 miles on trike when I got home. I'm sorry we missed the westroads mall thing keep us informed of any rides. Maybe some Sat our two groups can meet at one of the State Parks for a picnic or something. :coffee1::doorag: :yes1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
5-5-12 Southeast Nebraska ride

Hi just got text there will be a ride tomorrow meet at NW48 & Hyw 34 Casey's 8:00 AM leaving at 8:30 AM. No word on were just a fun ride. :coffee1:

Update on this weekend ride. We had five bikes and my trike. Two harley's, two wings and a Kaw. We rode to Blair NE across into Iowa to Missouri Valley IA north on Loess Hills to Magnolia IA were we stopped for lunch. Than southeast on Hyw 127 to Logan IA. Than back to Blair west to Fremont NE were Dave and I spite off as Dave wanted to go to Auto Zone in Fremont as they had some LED lights there that they don't carry in the Lincoln Stores. I had over 200 miles on trip meter when we got back. My knee did better but still gets very sore but am learning how to deal with it. I'm wanting to go a longer rides like deal's gap. But right now that would be to painful. It will fill better when it quits hurting.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5-12-12 Sat ride

There is a ride this Sat meet at Casey's on NW48th and Hyw 34 at 8:00 AM leave at 8:30 AM. Bob and I are going for a ride tomorrow or Fri. don't know were or when we are leaving yet. :coffee1:

Bob, Dave and I meet at Dave's on Fri and went on a ride, We visited OZ in Kansas. We got caught in a monsoon in Manhattan KS and got wet. I had 518 miles on the trike for the day.

Sat ride had a small turn out Two Trikes and a wing. We drove up to Dillion's in Omaha were Steve traded his 2000 Goldwing trike for a 2011 Yamaha Venture with 411 miles. Nice looking bike. Because of that we did not get very many miles in. I was glad as knee was still hurting from the Fri ride. Hope we have better turn out next weekend.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6-2-12 Sat ride

There is a ride this Sat. meet at Casey's NW48th and Hyw 34 8:00 AM side stands up if you got them at 8:30 AM. We did have a ride last weekend on Fri and Sat. :coffee1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
6-23-12 Ride

There is a planed ride this weekend we are meeting at the Mobil station on 84th & Hyw 2 at 8:00 AM leave at 8:30 AM, don't be late. Riding down to Kansas back though Marysville KS. :coffee1:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Really Gene, you guys are into night riding now?? You're much too tough for me, may be cooler riding but I hate having to be on the look out for the pasture rats all the time. I assume you meant AM ??? :eek:4: :eek:4::wrong:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was riding home from Omaha last night around 8:30 and saw 5 deer in 2 miles that were within 100 ft of the highway.

Everybody be careful out there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really Gene, you guys are into night riding now?? You're much too tough for me, may be cooler riding but I hate having to be on the look out for the pasture rats all the time. I assume you meant AM ??? :eek:4: :eek:4::wrong:
I guess I'm not prefect after all. LOL Yes it's AM Sorry. :eek:4: :coffee1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
7-30-2012 Ride

Just got text that we are riding this Sat. Going to Martinsburg, NE meet at Casey's NW48th and Hyw 34 at 8:00 AM leave at 8:30 AM. :coffee1:

It looks like 94 late afternoon so hope back before that. :eek:4:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
are the burgers and fries just as big as they were a couple years ago??

It was the same as last year. We did a better job of not over ordering as you get a lot of food. This is first time I got the hamburger don't remember what I got last year. I was surprised it was good. We had two Ultra's, one Kaw, one Yamaha and my trike. All were full dressers. I had 276 miles when I pulled back into drive way. High was 91 so lot cooler than they forecast. :coffee1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
7-7-12 Sat morning ride

Got a text from Bob says ride is on for the coming Sat. Meet at Casey's NW48th & Hyw 34 at 8:00 AM leave at 8:30 AM. It will be hot in the afternoon so bring some thing to drink. :eek:4: :coffee1:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts