GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
7-14-12 Sat ride it's a picnic ride.

We are meeting at the 84th and Hyw 2 Mobil station at 8:00 AM leaving at 8:30 AM, as we are going southeast. We planned a picnic ride to Indian Cave Park during the spring but it never happened weather I believe. So this week end we are going and also having a picnic. This is a state park so you will need a park sticker or a day pass. Come and enjoy the friendship and love of riding we all share. See you there. ;) :coffee1:

The picnic ride is over and all had fun 200 miles round trip. We left the Mobil station at 8:45 AM with six bikes. We rode to Auburn Ne were we stopped for a brake and some of us filled up. Than it was on to the Park and lunch. We left the park and rode to Brownsville NE were we crossed of the into MO. We stopped again for another brake at Rock Port MO and those who had not filled up before did this time. We took the Loose Hills back north and crossed over into NE at Nebraska City NE stopped again for another brake as it was getting very hot. Than it was home to Lincoln NE.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
7-28-12 Sat ride.

There is a ride this weekend. Meet at Casey's NW48st & Hyw 34 at 7:00 AM leaving at 7:30 AM. We are doing this to beat the heat. It looks like 92 for a Hi so that will be better than it's been. Hope to see you there. :coffee1:

We did ride 7-21-12 did not get info till to late to get it on here. I was gone most of Fri. We had 6 bikes two couples the rest single. Had fun ate lunch at truck stop in Fremont NE. :coffee1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow it's Aug already, 8-4-12 Ride

The word is this Sat ride will leave Casey's on NW48th and Hyw 34 at 7:30 AM. It will be a picnic ride Hamburgers and Dogs furnished bring a side dish. We will stop at a grocery store if you forget. :lol: Hope to see you there. :coffee1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
8-11-12 Picnic ride

The plan is to do another picnic lunch ride this Sat. Meet at Casey's NW 48th & Hyw 34 7:00 AM leave at 7:30. Meat will be provided bring something. My wing is still down fender is do to be delivered by UPS today. I may ride a Harley Nighttrain this weekend. Will need ear plugs LOL. :eek:4: :coffee1:

Sat ride I rode my son's Harley a 2006 Nighttrain nice bike it is even more comfortable than my wing. AS the wing puts my legs in a 90 deg bend and because of the wide engine I can't starch out enough and my knees and hip start hurting. The Harley has forward controls that take a little getting use to but I did not have the leg problems on it. But 250 is about as far as I would want to ride it until I got use to it. My main problem with it is the hand grips or to far forward and I'm leaning on my wrists. It is designed to run without a windshield and air would hold you up. But with windshield you lose this support, but lose the bugs hitting you in the face. LOL

We rode about 250 miles. Rode north on Hyw 79 than west on 91 to Albion. Than south east on Hyw 39 to St Edwards were we stopped to eat lunch. Than on south to pick up Hyw 92 back to Hwy 79. We had six bikes Two Harley's, Three Wings, one Kaw and two Yamaha's.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sat 8-18-12 morning ride.

We will meet at Casey's on NW48th & Hyw 34 at 8:00AM side stands up at 8:30Am ride to 84th & Hyw 2 Mobil station at 8:45. Heading to Hiawatha, KS than to Marysville for lunch at Chinese Restaurant. Than back to Lincoln. :coffee1:

Well the ride is over we went 278 miles today. Rode from Casey's to 84th and Hyw 2 than stopped at the Casey's in Palmyra NE were two more bikes joined us. We had Three Wings, Three Harleys, One Kaw., one Yamaha. We rode west on Hyw 2 to Unadila than west on Co Rd 1 to join up with Hyw 50 in Syracuse Ne. Than south on Hyw 50, east on Hyw 128 to Hyw 75 south to and stopped in Auburn NE. Then south to Hiawatha KS. Then east on Hyw 36 to Marysville KS were we stopped to eat and fuel up. Than rode back to Lincoln NE on Hyw 77.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
8-25-12 Ride

Saturday may be a little wet but am looking forward to a ride. Meet a Casey's NW48th & Hyw 34 at 8:00 AM. :coffee1:

I just got home went out to eat with granddaughter and a movie. I received a text message that the ride is being called off. To many of the riders can't make it tomorrow. Try again next Sat.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
9-1-12 Morning ride

We will meet at the Casey's on NW48th & Hyw 34 at 8:00 AM leave at 8:30 AM. As it is a football weekend and a Holiday weekend be careful watch out for all the crazes in there cages. I'm hoping we will have a good turn out. :coffee1::coffee1:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Which direction are you guys headed tomorrow? My plans are to be through Lincoln on the way toward Lancaster, KS. about that time. If you were headed south or east I might be tempted to ride a few miles with ya....

Might stop in either way and say hi...

:thumbup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
If you show up Your might get to pick witch way we go. It's almost always up in the air until someone picks someplace they want to go. Unless someone lets us know during the ride the week before. Like our picnic rides to some park. :coffee1:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
If you show up Your might hget to pick witch way we go. It's almost always up in the air until someone picks someplace they want to go. Unless someone lets us know during the ride the week before. Like our picnic rides to some park. :coffee1:
Sorry, ended up getting there early and decided to get on down the road.... Really want ride down some Saturday and get aquainted!

Rain check?

Thanks for the offer!:thumbup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
9-8-12 Sat ride

Sorry it's so late but I will put it on here. We are doing the river run tomorrow. Meet at Casey's NW48th & Hyw 34 8:00 AM leave at 8:30 AM.:coffee1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
9-22-12 Ride

We will meet at Casey's on NW48th & Hyw 34 8:00AM leave at 8:30AM.

We did ride last weekend but I did not get the message till it was to late to post.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Sept 29 ride

I was the only bike that showed up on time last weekend, I left at 8:30 AM was told later that one other bike did show up. I did the river runs than returned home by 11:45 AM..

I have not heard yet if there is a ride but I'll be there. Casey's NW48th ST & Hyw 34 8:00 AM leave at 8:30 AM. I get there early last week I was there at 7:35 AM had breakfast while I waited. See you there. :coffee1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Sat 19 ride

Sorry about the late entry but I didn't know what was going on till a little while ago. I had heard that we might ride to Indian Cave Park this weekend but than nothing. Till I received a text tonight. We are meeting at the station on Hyw 2 in Palmyra Ne at 9:00 AM ride at 9:30 AM to the park.

We had three bikes last weekend, one the week before me and four the week before that. So turn out has been light hope to have better this weekend. :coffee1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Nov 10 ride

The weather is suppose to be reasonable this sat with a storm moving in Sunday. :eek:4: Just received a text that we plan to ride Sat. Meet at Casey's on NW48th & Hyw 34 at 9:00 AM side stands up at 9:30 AM. Hope to see you there. :coffee1:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sat 12/1/12

We do have a ride this weekend meet at Casey's NW48th St. & Hyw 34 at 9:00AM leave at 9:30AM. It suppose to be 41 deg. warming to low 60's, With tomorrow I will have rode every mouth this year over 12,000 miles and everyone in pain. Will have knee's and hip's look at this winter. :coffee1:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts