GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
in 2005, I drove to Chattanooga, TN to get a new 2005 Goldwing. None of those "setup, extraneous charges" like Illinois and adjacent states wanted to charge. Not sure where you're located, but check with Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga, TN.
They have changed ownership there I think. The last 2 years I have not seen ANY discounted pricing when I have checked.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
6 hours!!!
o_O
I thought the same thing. No way. "Here's what I'll pay. Call me when you're ready." In a major city, I can visit 4 dealers and have plenty of time to spare in 6 hours. One of them will deal, DEPENDING on the vehicle. Low volume vehicles (like 1-ton dually pickups) are not the same as the popular Camry.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Goldwing DCT Bagger
81 Posts
When I was looking to purchase a new C8 Corvette, I found a thread on their forum that listed all the known dealerships selling at MSRP, without "junk fees" and other mandatory options.

That list saved time and frustration. Yes, there was a waiting list (< 6 months), but you could get the car how you wanted.

I hope to find something similar on this forum for the 2023 Goldwing; if one already exists, please point it out. If not, I would like to see a list started.

Thanks
You didn't list where you live but you could check with Greg, the owner of Lifestyles Honda. Great guy and extremely fair. Nothing in stock currently but see what he can do for you.

·
Registered
Future Goldwing owner - current sport bike owner looking to sell
149 Posts
You are so correct. I have been on a waiting list at Honda of Russellville for months now for both a 2022 and a 2023. They won't even give you a price until they get the bike in and you can't put money down on one either. They basically call you and tell you there is one in and then I guess you can get a price for it OTD. It's crazy really. My local dealer is selling MSRP and will not come off that because like you said there is someone in line behind you waiting to buy. They will at least let you put money down on one. They have been telling me they have a 2022 Blue coming in but that has been 6 months now and they keep pushing the date back. I didn't want to put a deposit down as I was hoping that Honda of Russellville being as large of a dealer as they are would get some in sooner. That hasn't happened either.
There is a new blue 2022 Goldwing bagger on the floor at Eastbay Motorsports in Hayward CA. I saw it last Saturday. Not sure if you’re looking for a bagger or tour model.
Long way from where you are but you could buy it and have it shipped.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
All this false pricing messes with all the official inflation numbers…. inflation is running way higher than is advertised…. All these up fees for everything are not cranked into the numbers. ..,,,, think your social security checks.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
All this false pricing messes with all the official inflation numbers…. inflation is running way higher than is advertised…. All these up fees for everything are not cranked into the numbers. ..,,,, think your social security checks.
Wait, we're getting a 6% raise in SS and reduction in part B cost.

·
Registered
993 Posts
These days everything is msrp plus the freight, setup, title fees, taxes etc. Not much you can do about it. Dealers are tacking on extra market adjustment fees because inventory is so low and they know that people will eventually pay what they are asking. Until we the consumer quit paying these adjusted prices the practice will never stop. Also with inflation dealers are having to pay more overhead whether it be employee payroll, emplyee benefits, property taxes, insurance, utilities etc. They adjust the price to offset not having the volume of inventory to be able to move high volume like it was prepandemic. I have seen new vehicle loan interest rates have come way down to the 1.99-2.99% range lately.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
These days everything is msrp plus the freight, setup, title fees, taxes etc. Not much you can do about it. Dealers are tacking on extra market adjustment fees because inventory is so low and they know that people will eventually pay what they are asking. Until we the consumer quit paying these adjusted prices the practice will never stop. Also with inflation dealers are having to pay more overhead whether it be employee payroll, emplyee benefits, property taxes, insurance, utilities etc. They adjust the price to offset not having the volume of inventory to be able to move high volume like it was prepandemic. I have seen new vehicle loan interest rates have come way down to the 1.99-2.99% range lately.
Those market adjustment fees are nothing but a way for the dealer to make more money because of the lack of inventory and sales. Has nothing to do with freight, prep or tax and title. You can build a car or truck online and it does not add the market adjustment.
Tax and title was never included in the sticker price.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Those market adjustment fees are nothing but a way for the dealer to make more money because of the lack of inventory and sales. Has nothing to do with freight, prep or tax and title. You can build a car or truck online and it does not add the market adjustment.
Tax and title was never included in the sticker price.
I never said the market adjustment included the freight, setup, tax etc.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
I never said the market adjustment included the freight, setup, tax etc.
Sorry, I misunderstood. The only thing that has really changed for the dealer is the cost of utilities. In fact, most dealers have had to layoff employees due to the lack of sales because of the lack in inventory.
One local Ford dealer is adding $10k market adjustment to the price of the new Ford Bronco and pickup trucks. There is no way his costs went up that much. The resale and trade in values are not going to reflect the market adjustment.
My local Honda dealer cannot even get new Goldwings from Honda.
I'll keep my 2015 pickup and 2012 Goldwing.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
I have seen new vehicle loan interest rates have come way down to the 1.99-2.99% range lately.
Where have you seen such low rates? With the fed raising interest, places I have looked at are above 4.5%.

·
Registered
71 Posts
After messing around with trying to find and buy a new GW, with no luck, I decided it would be a good idea to try out of state. No go on that idea. Most of the out of state dealers either didn't have a DCT Tour or didn't want to sell to an out of state purchaser. They wanted to keep their local customers happy I guess. Finally found a Honda dealer somewhat close to me that gave me an okay trade-in price on my K1600GTL, but the Wing was at MSRP plus freight, setup and taxes. The bike "should" be here near the end of February. It's pretty difficult to make a deal with someone that doesn't have the product, or won't sell to you or has a waiting list already established. Strange times we live in and MSRP is the word of the day now. If the vehicle you are after is in any way "desirable" you can expect to see a "market adjustment" or "administrative" charge added to the MSRP. It's just the way it is in my area.

Rick H.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I should add that many of the Honda Motorcycle dealerships in my area have been placed under a single ownership roof. Therefore, if you go to one dealership you have actually gone to several. So don't bother shopping around for a better price because they can look you up in their dealer computer and see if you have any record with them. You can tell these dealerships are basically all "one" as soon as you walk in them. The salesmen's desks are always positioned the same in them. The uniformity is obvious to anyone that bothers to look.

Rick H.

·
Registered
204 Posts
No bikes = no lists. Soon enough, everything will go back to normal. more or less, till the next wild...wild west will show up in this great country and the world. More bikes will be around, more of everything. Today, you get a quote via email, out the door pricing, even at bike dealerships. Not an issue anymore. That is how I, also leased my car. Got 7 quotes, same color, options, charges and stocked or delivery time. Picked the lowest one and showed up. 1 hour later, I had the key.
That is how I've bought vehicles for years. The only time I step in a dealership is to write the check and get the key.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
I'm approved for 2.50% for 36 months, good until mid-December. So I need to find a bike, or at least get a VIN by that date or lose the rate.
What is the name of the institution that has approved you for a vehicle loan at 2.5%? Both GM Financial and USAA are 4.5%+ and my credit score is over 800.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
"When was the last time?". I bought my wife her latest 2021 Camry SE last year with papers in hand from MY online research to our favorite dealer in nearby town.

I/we purchased w trucks and 2 cars before, EXACTLY the same way.

DID NOT pay MSRP for any of the cars or trucks. I paid AT LEAST $3-5,000 BELOW MSRP.

It took nearly all day of back and forth, I NEVER gave in to the sales pressure, started to walk out few times, each time he stopped us.

After @6 hours of back and forth, we got it for what I WANTED to pay for the vehicles.

Same salesman each time, HE KNOWS US. When we walk in to buy a car, we will buy it that same day but, we're a hard negotiator and tough sell.

I/we NEVER walked out without a new vehicle when we went to buy a car/truck.

ADVANTAGE me/us. Persistence and 800+ credit score do magic for us. That's how much HE KNOW us.

We DON'T B.S, all business and HE know it.
A fine example of your dealing ability but last I checked cars and trucks are not a Goldwing. When you find an answer to the op's question about motorcycle dealers willing to sell their new wing below MSRP get back to us.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts