GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an idea for hanging some lites on the Pakit Rak for extra visibility??

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have the EC replacement reflector light http://www.electricalconnection.com/other-lighting/led-reflectors-bike.htm that I remove when I install the Pakit Rak. I have the Pakit Rak bracket that goes through the area where the reflector light is. I have though about extending the wiring with an adapter cable so that I could mount the EC reflector light on the rear of the Pakit Rak. I suppose you could use some other type of lighting but I think that is all I'm interested in doing.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Why? Are you worried that someone won't realize that the back of the bike sticks out 18" further than they can see? ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Since I dont have the Pak it rak attached to the bike all the time I just put reflective tape on the bag cover.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Why? Are you worried that someone won't realize that the back of the bike sticks out 18" further than they can see? ;)
Yeah, just get one of those #1 foam hands like you see at sporting events and stick it on your trunk with the index finger pointing at the cooler rack :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Anyone have an idea for hanging some lites on the Pakit Rak for extra visibility??
Contact the makers of the Pakit Rak. They have an LED light bar that they are offering with the rack. Don't think it is on their website but a buddy purchased a Pakit Rak for his RSV and it included a LED bar on it.

It is basically a 2' LED bar attached to an L bracket that is attached to the back of the platform. Works well.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I made my own light bar: brake and turn signals.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why?? WHY he asks . . .
BECAUSE I can.
And it looks like a cool place to hang a couple of extra lites and better rear end visibility and . . .
WHY NOT??
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will check out the Pakit Rak booth at WIngDing next week. :doorag:

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
The lights/reflectors for the Pak-It Rak are cool, I just Velcroed my OEM reflector to the Rak,(Sometimes I "Cheap" out)!

Only problem with that is I ride with the Pakit-Rak Weather cover on whenever I am using the Pak-It Rak...

Sorta defeats the whole purpose.... :shrug:

;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts