GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I showed my Goldwing what a white tail deer looks like today, (from a distance of course.)

I told my Goldwing those are the road rats we got to avoid in the fall season when we ride early and late in the day.

It told my Goldwing ruting season is a couple weeks away with a lot of "he'n and she'n going on in the woods and cornfields.
My Goldwing ask me what's "he'n and she'n", and I said it's like when those big bad Harley bikes keep driven back and forth
in front of our house checking you out when your parked on the center stand in our garage.......... :biker:

Now, the days are getting cooler and fall is here..... soooooo all you midwestern riders better have "The Big Talk" with your Goldwings..... :chatter:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I will second that to ALL THE RIDERS EVERYWHERE.

I hate those stupid, useless, disease carrying animals :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Had a "pleasure" of hitting one on the Blue Ridge Pkway on my BMW R1100R a few years back.... Not fun! Thank God for ABS !!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Wi_Winger,

Yes, fall hit early this year. We were up in your neck of the woods over the weekend and are now working our way home. You sure have some pretty roads up there! But, yes, it is that time of year....

tim

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Yep ! I hear ya Mike......Michigan is the same as you guys. But ? I'm trying to thin the population as best I can........ :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
I showed my Goldwing what a white tail deer looks like today, (from a distance of course.)

I told my Goldwing those are the road rats we got to avoid in the fall season when we ride early and late in the day.

It told my Goldwing ruting season is a couple weeks away with a lot of "he'n and she'n going on in the woods and cornfields.
My Goldwing ask me what's "he'n and she'n", and I said it's like when those big bad Harley bikes keep driven back and forth
in front of our house checking you out when your parked on the center stand in our garage.......... :biker:

Now, the days are getting cooler and fall is here..... soooooo all you midwestern riders better have "The Big Talk" with your Goldwings..... :chatter:

:yes: :yes: :yes:
I hear ya Wi Winger, i came home at 1130 pm the other nite and there was a deer staring at me in the middle of my own driveway :shock: Watch out for those critters.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Those with '06 stereos or aftermarket turn'm up!!

I have repeatedly seen deer 200 yards plus down the road stop...look right at me with ears aimed at me...turn around and go back in the woods before I get there.

Now, mind ya, I don't push my speed during prime time to give me wiggle room, but I honestly think it helps.

Bradford

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
KCButch said:
Hey Icing you are talking about the deer arent you?

LOL
But, of course Butch!!! Good catch though! You know, how it is.... we are both dislexic :wink:

What's with the avatar change?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Made a little trip today 150 miles or so. Temps in the mid 80's in S/E Texas. Didn't see anything moving off the side of the road.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
We should all be thankful we don't live in Pike County, Illinois, where I grew up.

Number one the roads aren't all that much fun. And number two Pike County is known thru out the US for its abundance of record size whitetails.

My home town has 4,000 people but has 5 body shops that stay busy repairing damage from cages and trucks hitting huge whitetails. One shop owner told me 75% of his business was deer damage.

Obviously, a great place to hunt, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts