GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That might not be a little girl, it could be a issue of scale! I can hear that tire moaning.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Who needs an "AIRBAG MODEL"?

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Lots of "love " for somebody. "that time " made a good memory. To each his own !

·
Registered
506 Posts
JMHO,
If the guy wants to ride a bike with no protective gear, I don't have a problem with that as it's his life and his choice. I do have a problem putting a little girl on the back of a bike with no protective equipment and a helmet that looks way oversized for her head. When she is old enough, she can make that decision herself; however, at that age, the adult in this situation should have an obligation of making sure she is protected. Not saying she should be in full leathers but something a little more appropriate would be advisable. Coming from the perspective of being hit three times on a bike and no fault of my own, I always dress for the slide and not the ride as things can go south quickly no matter what your skill level is...again JMHO. Granted, maybe it was a spur of the moment thing and the kid needed a ride but I would not do that with my kids at that age and I certainly would not do that with someone else's child.

·
Registered
218 Posts
JMHO,
If the guy wants to ride a bike with no protective gear, I don't have a problem with that as it's his life and his choice. I do have a problem putting a little girl on the back of a bike with no protective equipment and a helmet that looks way oversized for her head. When she is old enough, she can make that decision herself; however, at that age, the adult in this situation should have an obligation of making sure she is protected. Not saying she should be in full leathers but something a little more appropriate would be advisable. Coming from the perspective of being hit three times on a bike and no fault of my own, I always dress for the slide and not the ride as things can go south quickly no matter what your skill level is...again JMHO. Granted, maybe it was a spur of the moment thing and the kid needed a ride but I would not do that with my kids at that age and I certainly would not do that with someone else's child.
My thoughts exactly. Protect the kid. The adults can suffer if they don't take heed to the dangers present. I would love to ride without gear sometimes but choose not to because I like my skin intact.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
JMHO,
Sorry, I don't see an adult in the photo.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
A father /daughter time................Now "that's" precious !

Bet she grows up, wanting a motorcycle, someday!

Ronnie

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
When my daughter was three years old, she used to ride in FRONT of me. This of course was only trips around the block.
When she was too big to ride in front, I installed a second set of passenger foot rest higher on the frame so she could reach them. Of course, I did have a backrest installed. Later on, on my 85 GL1200, she would actually fall asleep behind me. Never worried about her falling off since my backrest cradled her on the seat.

Lot's of good memories and smiles!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Children's helmets tend to be the same size outside with thicker inner parts to hold their head, I think. I wear a XXL helmet and never wore a helmet on a bicycle when I was a kid.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I'm equal opportunity. I make fun of skinny people too.

There are enough people on the Internet making the opposite of fun. Life is too short to be one of them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.