GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone that can tell me about Little Guy Travelmate Cargo trailers?How they pull etc....35 cubic feet from what I gather from their website and my local dealer...I went to look at one today but they had just sold the one they had instock, so I did not get a chance to see it in person , but they have another coming soon and will give me a call when it gets here..........Any help would be appreciated..Thanks:fullsize: travelmate1.jpg

travelmate2.jpg

travelmate3.jpg

travelmate4.jpg

Picture 125.jpg :bow::chat::money1:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Friend has one - got it to tow behind a Harley. He really liked the quality of construction, but weighs so much he only pulls it with his jeep now. Says he wishes now he had got the camp model when he was in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
748 Posts
trailer

Wow, pretty heavy for a cargo trailer. A Bushtec Turbo 2 weighs 120 empty, and an Escapade SE weighs 170 Empty. Both have about 25CF.

I have never towed something that heavy (Loaded) maybe you should be asking the camping guys that question since their campers weigh even more.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I talked to a guy that had one behind a goldwing trike. He liked the trailer and said it pulled good behind the trike, but he thought it was to big for a motorcycle. They are nice looking trailers. The Camping World store near us has started selling the camper version of these. Pretty cool for two people. Kind of retro looking.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:eek:4::fullsize: bluewingrider.gif

Picture 125.jpg

Picture.jpg My local dealer had the camper version instock ..I looked at it, but its more than I would want to pull behind the Wing........

·
Banned
304 Posts
How much does the Travel Mate trailer made by Little guy weigh?

What is the weight of the Little Guy Travel Mate trailer please?

Thanks!

·
Banned
304 Posts
Wow, 345 lbs dry weight according to manufacturer, plus the spare tire & rim at 25 lbs = 370 pounds before adding any camping gear and supplies. Wow, too much for my tastes. I will keep looking for something like a 140 pound Bustec.

·
Registered
610 Posts
You might want to take any trailer down to the public scale and weigh it, regardless of what the manufacturer claims the weight to be. In most cases, the weight will be off by quite a bit. My Kwik Kamp was supposed to weigh 325 and actually weighed 420 empty. Needless to say, tare weight is a factor when we travel. Nonetheless, it pulls well and has minimal effect on braking and mileage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts