GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of taking a little ride around the Texas Hill Country today. I guess I had better wear my First Gear summer jacket over my tee shirt for the armor even though it may get too hot by afternoon. I guess I will take my cool vest along and stop and soak it after noon. Damn it's good to be retired here. :D :l

·
Registered
550 Posts
Cool Vest

Barney, what type of cool vest are you wearing? Thinkig about adding one for the summer heat this year. Can you tell the difference when wearing it?
Thanks for any info.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool vest

I can't remember the name, Cool Vest I think. My wife ordered ours out of Grapevine Texas a year ago. It comes in two styles , slip on sleveless vest and a poncho over the head that extends down front and back. Mine is the latter type and I used it under my First Gear summer mesh jacket all last summer and it kept me cool for hours in Central Texas heat. My wife has the name and address somewhere but she is going to be gone a few days, but I will post it when she gets back. It is a bit heavy after soaking a while but isn't bad riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts