GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good connection for a mechanic around chandler.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we do our cars ourselves by hosting MOD days, i'm not real comfortable working on motorcycles altho, i might be very soon, front end wobble,

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, with the economy like it is, i figured i could help someone thats not workng, or I might try a shop, went to globe today and the wobble is getting worse, it might be the tire???

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
If you are talking about the "hands off wobble" it could be a tire if your tires are worn. I just replaced my tires and the "H.O.W." is gone, but I've never really worried about. Never had a problem with even one hand slightly on the bars so a hands off decel wobble was of no concern to me.

If it is a wobble with hands on... hope it is just a tire.

I really don't know any mechs other than at the shops. My ride is at D&D getting a new rear progressive shock installed. I recently had the front end done with RaceTech emulators, then noticed the back end was not to my liking. Hope this is enough of an improvement to make it worthwhile.

I was going to attempt the work myself but over the last few months I just haven't had the desire to go beyond basic maintenance. I'll do oil, plugs, brakes, clutch fluid, air filter, wheel removal, minor stuff. Nothing beyond that. I figure this shock and the forks are a one time upgrade for my time with this bike, so I'll pay to get it done right. And my wife won't be subjected to my cussing.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Go to D&D. You can't go wrong.:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts