GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install LED license/brake light from EConnection. Instructions say to locate shiny black boot with blue 3 pin and red 2 pin open connectors inside boot. I have all three center pieces removed from rear,cannot loctate these two connectors/boot? Can someone help me find these connectors, are the 2012's different than 2010's. So are the instructions wrong? Thanks for any info..........

·
Registered
277 Posts
2012 is different than 2010, I found out trying to install a Spoiler Brake/Tail Light adapter. I ended up just splicing into the tag light wire for my 12 volt feed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying to install LED license/brake light from EConnection. Instructions say to locate shiny black boot with blue 3 pin and red 2 pin open connectors inside boot. I have all three center pieces removed from rear,cannot loctate these two connectors/boot? Can someone help me find these connectors, are the 2012's different than 2010's. So are the instructions wrong? Thanks for any info..........
Well I'll answer my own post..........The 2012's brake harness is different than previous models. It is no longer located behind the fender/saddlebags. It is actually located where you connect the spoiler brake light. Its in the upper trunk,remove inner cover and you will find these connections. Electrical Connection will have a plug and play for their LED license/brake harness very soon.

·
Registered
172 Posts
There seem to be two threads going about this subject at the same time. See JokerGuy's Brake Light Wire Access.

Someone with the power should combine these threads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts