GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call tonight from a friend who has purchased an '07. He wants to put the Honda CB in it and was wondering where it went. I have an '05 and told him to look under the CD changer compartment in the trunk. He said that it is solid on the the bottom of the compartment.

Since I haven't seen it yet, does anyone know if they changed the location of where the CB goes?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I imagine it is in the same place as there is nowhere else it can go. To the new owner, the compartment might be hard to spot as it does look sort of hidden if you just glance at the thing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was looking at just that same area inside an '07 trunk today. That "hidden" area is where I was told the CB radio goes. I was anxious to learn more about the Hondaline CB for the '07 I ordered today. Wish I'd been sitting down before I saw how much they were! :shock: And that was without the antenna! UGG!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Steve Smith said:
I was looking at just that same area inside an '07 trunk today. That "hidden" area is where I was told the CB radio goes. I was anxious to learn more about the Hondaline CB for the '07 I ordered today. Wish I'd been sitting down before I saw how much they were! :shock: And that was without the antenna! UGG!
Many of us are going the FRS radio route and for going the CB :shock:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Family Radio Service.
It's a group of channels cleared by the FCC about 10 years ago. You know those little radios that people take to Disney so they can talk to each other, then when they get there, they find out that 10,000 other people have them too. :D

FRS will be a better alternative when more people have them on their bike. Right now, very few people are set up with it.

GMRS is an even better service, with greater range, but again, few people have them. I have two wonderful GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) walkie talkies with about 15 channels and 5 to 10 (maybe 15) mile range that I never use. Anybody want to buy them :? They are like new.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
07 is on the bottom of the trunk. Just need to look....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts