GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went inside for a few minutes in a small town gas/store. 2-3 people in the lot. Put my gloves by the ignition switch like I always do when leaving the bike for a minute or two..
Came out and only had one Glove! :mad: Some jerk just took one glove to be a jerk I guess
First time I've had anything stolen. Looked on the ground to. Live & learn I guess

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I had a bird take a boot insole off the railing from the cabin in Canada several winters ago.
Just sayin' it's possible...

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Look for a Michael Jackson impersonator, also another possibility.
Could be worse, they left you the key (and bike, I assume)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
888 Posts
Went inside for a few minutes in a small town gas/store. 2-3 people in the lot. Put my gloves by my key like I always do..
Came out and only had one Glove! :mad: Some jerk just took one glove to be a jerk I guess
First time I've had anything stolen. Looked on the ground to. Live & learn I guess
Not cool if true. But a REAL jerk would’ve taken your key!

·
Registered
2003 Honda Yellow GL1800A
151 Posts
I ALWAYS lock everything up and always take my keys. Plus I’m a key nut, have spare keys everywhere. Even at home I keep everything locked up.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I'm always surprised when traveling through Helmets mandatory states... some people leave their helmets on the bike when parked!

Corventure Dave

·
Love The DCT
12,290 Posts
Went inside for a few minutes in a small town gas/store. 2-3 people in the lot. Put my gloves by my key like I always do..
Your experience is why I never leave anything out on the bike.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Like was stated, could have been a bird or maybe a dog?
Only thing we leave on our Trike is the sheepskin seat cover and under it we have Pro Pad Gel seat pads.
Never have lost them yet but if leaving for extended time or a super busy parking lot, I would put them in the trunk also. Sad times we now live in!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
On the flip side - we parked our bike in the covered garage of our hotel the other day. The next day was mostly overcast. Third day sun comes out and my wife can't locate her sunglasses. Looked everywhere, nowhere to be found.
As a last resort, I went to the reception desk to ask did by any chance..... Sure enough, somebody found them in the garage the day we arrived and turned them in to the receptionist.
For the record, I'm not talking about $9.99 pair of gas station sunglasses - these were $300 pair of Maui Jim's in Maui Jim's case.

We still have honest, decent people around us. Maybe not everywhere....but still.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Honda Goldwing 2020, Matte Black and Red
483 Posts
Did the gloves have Velcro on them?

·
Premium Member
Honda Goldwing 2020, Matte Black and Red
483 Posts
A few times my gloves have stuck to an article of clothing and I saw the glove on the ground walking back to the bike.

·
Registered
500 Posts
One year I went to Louisiana district rally and I pop of the Garmin 590 laid it on the seat never put it in the saddle bag, it sit on the seat from 9:30 AM till about 4:30 PM when I got back to the it was still on the seat waiting to be put up I thank God for that.

·
Registered
279 Posts
As an experiment, I clipped a $5 bill to the dash of my GL1800 and left it there, in plain sight, to see when and where it would disappear. It never did. That $5 stayed there for at least ten years, through four different motorcycles, 49 states and close to 200,000 miles. Needless to say, I have never lost anything else off my bikes. Just lucky, I guess.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'm not lying-- And I always take my key. I laid the gloves on top of the ignition switch
Hey, I didn’t mean to imply you were lying only that there might have been a different reason than theft for the missing glove. It seems very strange only 1 would go missing. As others mentioned, gravity sucking the glove into the dark hole of the bike, Velcro enabling it to move unbeknownst to you, a bird, etc.
Also, it appears you edited your original post in which I thought you said you left your gloves by your keys or something like that. Correct me if I’m wrong, please, ‘cause then I’ll know I’m losing it more than I already know I’m losing it! LOL.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I believe public in general is dishonest. Never leave anything unsecured.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts