GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any sugestion for a good lock ? I am going away and I'd like to lock our bikes with a chain or something I'll be feling safer.
Thank's
Danny

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
If you lived in South Carolina you could borrow a good lock. Go borrow a big mean Pit Bull that someone keeps chained up with a log chain and tie that Pit Bull up to your bike. Give it a full sack of food and a barrel full of water and smack it a couple times before you leave.

No one will bother your bike.

No plumber will unstop your sewer either with that dog chained in the yard on top of the sewer cleanout, the lady said, Joe is not home, he is the only one that dog will not kill.........

I figure if you borrow that dog , best lock around. :lol:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Posting on the internet that you are going to be away from home might not be a good start. Lock or no Lock.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
:agree:

I usually wait till I get home, and then tell everybody what a great ride we just had.

No matter what Lock or Chain you get, it may give you peace of mind. But, if somebody wants to steal it, they will come with bolt cutters.

It is a shame that we can't leave home without worring about some low life stealing our stuff while we are away. :twisted:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I have only heard of ONE Goldwing stolen. Lock the front forks and leave it in gear and no one will mess with it. It would take several large strong men to lift one into a pickup or trailer.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Use a cable, takes a lot longer to cut with bolt cutters A hardened chain will also make it hard to be midnight auto supplied. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I have traveled over 25 years with a bunch of other Gold Wing riders, in every state but 3 of them and never had a problem with anyone messing with our bikes. Lock the front forks and put a 1/2/ cover on the bike if you feel the need to. As I have said before, a Harley rider told me the way he protects his Harley when at a motel is to put a cover with "GOLDWING" written on the side. :coffee1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts