GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a week long trip to Arkansas in July and was looking to base camp in Eureka Springs. For those familiar with the area, any lodging recommendations?

I was looking at a cottage on Beaver Lake but $220 a night sounded pretty strong. $85 to $140 per night is more my range.

Local knowledge and recommendations are appreciated as well as day trips on the bike.

Thanks in advance.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Planning a week long trip to Arkansas in July and was looking to base camp in Eureka Springs. For those familiar with the area, any lodging recommendations?

I was looking at a cottage on Beaver Lake but $220 a night sounded pretty strong. $85 to $140 per night is more my range.

Local knowledge and recommendations are appreciated as well as day trips on the bike.

Thanks in advance.
of course you picked the very highest season in e springs

for the most part. e springs has low quality, old motel-hotels

i would book the rooms RIGHT NOW, since many are sold out months in advance

if i had to stay in e springs, i would choose the comfort inn, at about $80 a nite, mature traveler rate

theres a days inn as well, but its not great, $70 aprox

i would suggest you stay about 28 miles to the west of e springs, in bentonville or rogers

you can get the hilton garden for $59 a nite with breakfast, microtel about $50, and actualy about 30 hotels in the walmart corp area, exit 85 from i-540

·
Registered
243 Posts
I agree with Loren on the Comfort Inn in E-Springs. My wife and some of her college friends stayed there last spring and said it was good. They rode the local trolly to downtown and shopped, ate and drank all afternoon and rode the trolly back to the motel. Public designated driver ya know. She said it was pretty bike friendly and has a pool.
We have also stayed at Bentonville and the prices are as Loren said, cheaper.
Stop at the Pea Ridge Battle Ground (between Bentonville and Eureka) watch the film and drive the park, if you are a War buff.

·
Registered
688 Posts
We always stay at Sherwood Court when we are in Eureka Springs. It is an older restored motor court on the west side of town. Nothing fancy, just quaint, clean and very resonable. The couple that operate it are great! He always puts a towel on my motorcycle every morning, and she makes fresh turnovers. You are off the main drag so it's a little quieter. They have several cottages and also regular rooms. Loren is right about alot of the places in Eureka Spring, they are older and not always real clean. We have been going up there for the past 30 years and I have stayed in most of them over the years. ES hosts alot of biker events and some of those places can be rather loud unless you like to party all night.

http://www.sherwoodcourt.com/

·
Registered
952 Posts
My friends, Bryan and Cindy Sumpter, own the Edelweiss Inn in Eureka Springs. It's and older, very comfortable, very well maintained, very affordable, family owned motel. The wife and I stay there at least once a year.

http://www.edelweissinn.com/

Tell them Dan and Marsha said howdy!!

-Dan

Also.......Bryan is a rider. He can give you some routes that you would never find. He knows every nook and cranny!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pea Ridge. Yes, that will defintiely be on my "to do" list.

Someday, I would like to take 2-3 weeks off sometime and tour all the Civil War sites and battlegrounds.

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks?? Any good?

·
Registered
323 Posts
:agree::doorag: We stayed at Edelweiss Inn twice last year. Cant beat it for the price. They even supply you with towels to wipe your bike down in the morning. Two of the nicest people you will ever meet. Very reasonable prices.:p

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts

Someday, I would like to take 2-3 weeks off sometime and tour all the Civil War sites and battlegrounds.

i havent stayed there, but been there a couple times

they are quite $$ $130-150 a nite in july

and i would say a full step below the comfort inn

you could stay at the holiday inn e springs for about the same rate, and get a solid 3 1/2 star hotel

·
Registered
688 Posts

I have stayed at the Inn of the Ozars a couple of times. Looks nice on the outside, but not as nice inside. Also I think they were kind of pricey.

It has been a few years since I stayed at Edelweissinn, they were clean and resonable then. They always seem to be full and I have heard several people speak highly of them.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Edelweiss Inn was great for us. There is a good show across the street also, I think it was called the Pine Mountain Jamboree. Ask for a room around in the back. there is no sounds from the road back there and nice tables and shade trees.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Its been a couple years since I was up there, but this place was clean, has covered bike parking, and the couple who now own it are nice people. Very reasonable room rates also.

http://www.ridersrestmotel.com/

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
:agree::doorag: We stayed at Edelweiss Inn twice last year. Cant beat it for the price. They even supply you with towels to wipe your bike down in the morning. Two of the nicest people you will ever meet. Very reasonable prices.:p
We stay there on each stay in Eureka! They are GWRRA members.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
My friends, Bryan and Cindy Sumpter, own the Edelweiss Inn in Eureka Springs. It's and older, very comfortable, very well maintained, very affordable, family owned motel. The wife and I stay there at least once a year.

http://www.edelweissinn.com/

Tell them Dan and Marsha said howdy!!

-Dan
Ditto!

·
Registered
7 Posts

Thanks in advance.
We normally like to stay in B & B's but we stayed in the Best Western on the main hwy. From there it is just a short walk or very short ride into town. If you want to experience the flavor of the Springs stay at the Cresent Hotel. There are several places along the hwy but I thought the BW was the best location.

John
IBAARK

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Our riding group of 5 bikes stayed at the Edelweiss Inn for 4 days last May. You won't find more accomodating owners. Super clean, 100% non smoking for about $60 a night. Here is the best part of the rest of the story.

One of the guys in our group wasn't paying close enough attention to the wear on his tires. Low and behold upon examining his tires after a day of riding the great roads in NW Arkansas he was dangerously down into the wear bars on his BMW's tires. This was on the scheduled next to last night of our stay there. After calling around he was able to locate new tires, but they were only available in St. Louis, which was on our way home. As it was Friday before Memorial Day weekend we had no choice, but leave a day early for home. We had prepaid for the week with the understanding we were obligated for the entire 5 days.

So we left, got the tires mounted and made it home to northern Illinois safe and sound. About one week later I get a letter from Edelweiss Inn with an enclosed check for our one day/3 room rate. Cindy and Bryan stated that they had been able to rent our 3 rooms and here was our refund.

You won't get that kind of honesty in just any ol' hotel/motel.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Low and behold upon examining his tires after a day of riding the great roads in NW Arkansas he was dangerously down into the wear bars on his BMW's tires.
if your ever in need of bmw service, in that area

bentonville bmw is a great dealership for service

they have hundreds of tires in stock, and will help a traveler out, with service

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Thanks, Loren. My friend did not get an answer that evening for the Bentonville dealer, while he was lucky that someone was still in the shop at St. Louis. They checked, said they had his tire(s) in stock and could put it on the next day if we got there before 1 PM, which we did. And St Louis was on our way home anyway.

This year, as we made our plans (going to New England, this year) he was instructed to check his tires for wear before we leave. I cannot understand how a motorcyclist would leave on a trip without knowing whether his tires will make it or not.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts