GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
I see you bought the limited edition!

I am hoping the new wing is a blend of 2 of the best bikes ever made!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I’ve seen a few cars driving around here where the owners have completely removed all the logos and names from their vehicles. It’s interesting how we have become so manipulated by the advertisers.

It would be fun to completely redo a bike in logos like that. Most people wouldn’t even know. I think the logos are actually the only thing people notice in our society.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was picking up my mail and someone wanted to take a picture of the bike. Not sure if the lettering had any influence on that or not. That ended up reminding me that I wanted to take shots of the "ST 1800" letters. I never could think about it when it was daylight and not where I am not supposed to take pictures. After he was done, I got a couple of my own. I have gotten several comments about them. The closest to a negative comment I have gotten so far has been that I was missing the "a" at the end because it was an ABS bike (coming from an ST owner that got a 2018 because it was a new ST). He also asked about where I got the letters...... There are many choices on the web and prices are not that bad unless you wanted to over do it. The letters came with semi-sticky clear tape to put the letters on to line them up nicely for placement. After I got the first ST 1800 placed on the clear tape, I drew around them to replicate the spots for the other side. Add the use of some blue tape on the bike and a pen to mark placement spots on the tape measured from common "landmarks" I was able to get very consistent placement.

As far as "logo's" go on vehicles..... Make and Model - sure I am OK with them and somewhat want them as a proud owner of that vehicle. I also do not like the "blackout logo's". I would have to find some gold paint for a blacked out bowtie if I could not replace it with a proper logo. The ones put on by a dealer that is the "dealership ad"...... get it off. If I feel I got a good deal, get good service, etc. I will tell people.

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
more nuts from the squirrel

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Guess I don't get it. What's the point. But, each to their own.:shrug:
theres a group of people that think the new goldwing, because of its weight loss, is more comparable to the Honda ST line so they call it an ST 1800

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
theres a group of people that think the new goldwing, because of its weight loss, is more comparable to the Honda ST line so they call it an ST 1800

It is not the weight loss, it is the look plus several other factors. If it looks like a duck, it is unlikely to be a stallion. The comfort is also no full fledged touring bike (not the "couch" of the prior model). The slight forward lean sitting position is not a full fledged touring bike, that is more "sport". Reduced cargo capacity is not a full fledged touring bike. This bike is 100% Sport Tour. To me, the weight loss is negligible because the slightly raised CG erases the weight loss. It does have an improved lean angle (and likely why the raised CG) which also injects more "sport" than "tour". I do like the bike and I do like my 2010. In most cases, I can go with either bike and think nothing of it (except hitting the horn for turn signals and signalling turns at cars trying to kill me). But the 2010 IS a full "Touring" class bike and the 2018 is just a little short on the "tour", but a good bit extra on "sport". I am calling the creature that looks like a "duck" a duck. Oh, by the way, if I had to go back to only one bike...... I'm keeping the 2010 because of the better "Tour" capability. There is enough "sport" in the 2010 to keep life interesting, but there is not enough "tour" in the 2018 for 3 weeks, 9,000+ miles, and no trailer.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Does that "thing" have a HEMI in it????????

I actually like it, you made it "your own" and that's all that matters..............

Ronnie

Reactions: anotherone

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Really DUMB :wrong:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts