GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most Wing owners do not use am anti theft device but some do.

Suit against LoJack for false advertising, false recovery rate. If you bought a LoJack between 6/15/06 and 8/13/11 you may want to check into:

Morin vs, LoJack Corp., et al, case # 10-cv-05659 in the Central District of California.

If you bought "LoJack Recovery for Motorcycles" or "Subsequent 2nd owner's package" from Lojack you are a class member.

Perhaps google the info above for more information.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Good luck on that. The victims in a class action lawsuit wont get to see any money if Lo jack is found guilty. The lawyers will take it all.
Amen to that. Based on the settlements that I've been party to, the lawyers will get millions of dollars and the LoJack customers will each get a $50 certificate for LoJack products.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Amen to that. Based on the settlements that I've been party to, the lawyers will get millions of dollars and the LoJack customers will each get a $50 certificate for LoJack products.
Correction......the $50.00 certificate is for $50.00 off a colonoscopy by an amateur proctologist of your choice.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I would not swear to that, I was notifiyed about 6months ago that there was a lawsuit going on agaist a Ford Dealer in the San Diego area guranteeing $1600.00 to each party if everyone that was notifyed registered for the law suit.
Well I guess not everyone did because I just got a check this week for over $3800.00
Not enough to retire on, but I will take it.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I would not swear to that, I was notifiyed about 6months ago that there was a lawsuit going on agaist a Ford Dealer in the San Diego area guranteeing $1600.00 to each party if everyone that was notifyed registered for the law suit.
Well I guess not everyone did because I just got a check this week for over $3800.00
Not enough to retire on, but I will take it.
Okay.So if we hook up in Julian this weekend,Does this mean the pie is on you now?? LOL

·
Registered
559 Posts
Unfortuneately for the "victims", class action lawsuits are really not designed to get full recovery to the victims, they are a vehicle to punish the defendant in the suit, and in that way act as a deterrant to companies doing wrong on a braod scale. You are perfectly welcome, as an individual, to opt out of the class and pursue your own claim and try to obtain "full recovery".

I have been a memeber of numerous classes, and have gotten the 10 cent off coupon for batteries, extended warranties (one extended my warranty for less than two months), but have also gotten $13,000 on one against a large insurance company.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I can't comment on the lawsuit (except that class actions arte created to benefit the lawyers) ... but I have never seen the sense of Lojack insurance.
My method of insuring my bike from theft is to park close to a Harley. I think the statistics are that 95%+ of bikes stolen are H-D models.

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
I can't comment on the lawsuit (except that class actions arte created to benefit the lawyers) ... but I have never seen the sense of Lojack insurance.
My method of insuring my bike from theft is to park close to a Harley. I think the statistics are that 95%+ of bikes stolen are H-D models.
Good think'n. That is like the time you and your buddy were being stalked by that grizzley bear and you said you were gonna run for it. Your buddy said, "No way we can out-run a bear!" You told him you did not have to out-run the bear, just out-run him.

prs

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Most class action law suits benefit the lawyers, but I had an oil change done at Wal-Mart once on a pick-up I had, I usually do it myself but it was hot and I was there anyway so I had them do it, For $19.95 I thought why not. About 6 months later I got a letter from an attorney, seems it was ladies day at Wal-mart that day and they didn't offer me that lower price, that is discrimination, When they settled I thought I would get a certificate for a free oil change or something, I got a check for $1,000.00, yes one thousand dollars. Not bad return on a $19.95 investment.
Thats why you don't see LADIES DAY specials anymore, at least in Calif.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Okay.So if we hook up in Julian this weekend,Does this mean the pie is on you now?? LOL
Ill buy the pie, but you have to clean my wheels with that new wheel cleaner/ degreaser you discoverd.
Deal?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I received the card from LoJack and will not respond to it or the current one for the two 07 Civics we had with bad sun visors that mother Honda replaced
quickly. Both of these companies have treated me exceptionally well. :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts