GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many we have on here now from Long Island?

I know that there's at least 5 of us... plus one "prodigal son" who just felt the need to trade his Wing on something a bit nimbler for the type of riding he does. ;) But just curious how many of us there are now?

Thought it might be nice if we all got togther every few weeks this season for either a ride, or a garage night if anyone needs help with a project on the Wing

Of course, if anyone not on the island is reading this and wants to join us if we get something going, that's ok too. I'm not prejudiced. I was simply thinking of time, tolls, & logistics.

So if you live on the Island (Brookyn & Queens included), even if you've checked in before on the New York thread... chime in again here and tell us what you ride, and where you live.

I'll start it off by saying I've got 3 bikes right now (listed in my signature), and live just north of the Farmingdale Airport off of Hwy 110.

:chat:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, well... I thought there were 5 of us here anyway. :shrug:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Tom,
I dont know if you are referring to me as the "prodigal son" but since the wing I am on my 4th and 5th bike.lol. I am now riding a Harley street glide and a BMW 1200GSA. If you are doing a ride let me know, always up for a local ride and chat since leaving LI is a chore. Talk to you soon

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep... that was you!! :)

How ya been? Hope things have been going well for you.

I'm jealous of your GS Adventure. I've been looking at those for about a year now, and am thinking about going down to DC for a couple of days so I can rent one from Eaglerider. I want to take a group trip to the Alps with Backroads magazine & Edelweiss tours next year... and it seems a GS is my best bet. But I'm worried about the 32" seat height for my 29" inseam legs on those tight mountain roads. So I figure I'd better try one for a day or so before I commit.

:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Tom,
All is good, hope the same with you. The adventure is definately the tallest bike I have owned, but I am still flat footed, off road may be a bit more challenging. I signed up for a ride next month staying on the blue ridge parkway, and riding the area off-road with guys from the advrider forum. Should be fun. I bought mine from Gold Coast motors in New Hyde Park. Before I bought, I test rode a GS which they either had the lowered suspension or a lower seat, you would probably fit on it no problem. Take it for a ride before you even rent one to see how you like it. It is a fun bike, handles like a big dirt bike. I am heading to New Hampshire on Wed. and stopping at Max BMW which seems to be a big dealer, I wiil inquire if they happen to rent. I always wanted to do one of those Edelweiss tours but never had the right combo of time off and money at the same time. You should have an awesome time. Ride safe,

·
Registered
195 Posts
Queens here.

Hey guys,
My name is Mario and I'm here on the county line near Elmont. I ride an 03 Red Wing. Would love to hook up sometimes for a ride.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tros here and I don't live on the Island...

But I do live upstate... Vestal

Just wanted to say Hello to Taz...

How is it going Taz...

Yea a few of us VTXers now are Wingers...

Check in once in a while...

I think we were going to hook up at Americade...

Take care and see you soon...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Tros,
Hows it going? I check the VTX board once in a while to see if you guys are doing a ride I can make. Hope to make it up for a sylvan beach bike night again. I will be at Americade from Tues until sunday. I am also going to be at catscade the weekend before. http://www.cats-cade.org/ If you cant do the whole weekend you should stop by for a day of riding and the sat night BBQ is always great, its mostly wingers with a few of us x-wingers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have to see what transpires and it may happen. Certainly is a nice ride from here to them Catskills. Stay safe and see you in a while one place or the other...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Taz, I'm VTX ED on the VTX board, i'm planning on Catscade and will be at Americade from Wed. to Sun. I still have the orange VTX but will be riding the Red 08 Wing for those event's. Whenever you want to make Sylvan beach let me know. See you soon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Ed
Glad you will be making both events. Are you staying for the whole weekend? I will be the non-winger on the BMW.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Taz, i'm not sure if i'm going Fri or Sat yet, will be staying Sat for sure and Fri if i Get there that early. Might be camping because i bought a pop up camper and i might try it that weekend.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am going up on Friday and not coming home between events and was also thinking of camping until tues when I head up to Americade. I will be in touch with you guys before then so we can meet up and do some riding...

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey George... did you get my PM?

Went and saw your guy Steve at Gold Coast... am now seriously thinking about adding a GS to the stable, and had some questions for you.

:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Taz if you need a place to "crash" between events I have room for you at my place. You are more than welcome...

May see you at the Catscade event depending on the weather....

I would most likely go for Saturday only....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Tom..never got pm...give me a call or pm again...before you buy...

Tros. ...I appreciate the offer ..and am just wingin it for the weekend. I will let you know

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi Tom, My name is Jim and I live in Ronkonkoma. I just bought an 08 Goldwing at the end of march. It would be great to get together with some fellow LI Goldwing riders from time to time for a cup of coffee and a ride. The Garage night also sounds great. I'm still trying to sort out what I need to do with the bike so I can make some sensible mods.. I also ride an 06 Nomad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Tom
I live on the east end but commute to the city, I would be happy and available for any get together. I'm always on the road.
Tom

1 - 20 of 25 Posts