GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Today I decided to tackle the Dreaded Air Filter Change along with looking for Antifreeze Odor. I did the Air Filter change without a Hitch, piece of cake! I removed the Lower Front Cowl, Upper cover, and side panels looking for antifreeze leak and Low and Behold, I stumble upon a drip from under the Gas tank. Well after veiwing Freds DVD, here I go! The Leak was the Hose coming from the Water Pump to a Y Pipe that splits to each Radiator. I tightened the hose clamp along with all others that appeared to not compress any hose. WHEW! By the way, I checked the Breather Drain Hose too, just a drop oil. I had taken to Dealer Last week for the antifreeze leak and they could'nt find it. Sometimes, You have to do things yourself to get it right. Freds video and the Repair Manual Paid for Itself Today! A Big Thank You, FRED.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
MIne is leaking there also. The only way that I can get to mine is removing the gas tank. I guess yours must be in a different spot. If that damn clamp screw is turned a 1/4 inch it makes a whole big difference. Mine doesnt pool up under the bike. I notice it from the level of my antifreeze. Mine must be very small so far.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did'nt have to remove the tank all the way. Just lift the front and use correct size wrench.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts