GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have to leave in the near future for an extended military adventure and am going to have to store my 2006 Goldwing and want to do everything right. I thought about selling and still might but would rather keep it as I have everything I want on it and I love it. Thanks a million in advance.

James

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Ship it to my house,
I'll make sure it gets treated right. :wink:

Going to the sand box??

God Speed in your adventures. :D

later..Randy

·
Registered
233 Posts
If I had anyone in my family I could leave it with and make an agreement for them to ride it 50 miles a month, I would rather do that.

Otherwise, I would fill the tank to the top and add stabilizer, drain and change the oil and overfill the crankcase by a full quart, (do not crank the engine after this point) pull the plugs and hose down the cylinders with a penetrating oil, replace the plugs, install a battery tender with auto charging, set on center stand and cover.

Upon returning, drain the extra quart of oil out before attempting to crank the engine.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
james, let me know if you are going to seel it, my brother is hooked and in the market.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,207 Posts
If you heat the area where it is going to be, it will be fine. Keep it warm and dry and you won't have any moisture damage. :D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
dheffley said:
If I had anyone in my family I could leave it with and make an agreement for them to ride it 50 miles a month, I would rather do that.

Otherwise, I would fill the tank to the top and add stabilizer, drain and change the oil and overfill the crankcase by a full quart, (do not crank the engine after this point) pull the plugs and hose down the cylinders with a penetrating oil, replace the plugs, install a battery tender with auto charging, set on center stand and cover.

Upon returning, drain the extra quart of oil out before attempting to crank the engine.
I agree with what you said and I would add take the battery off the bike to charge, set it on a board beside the bike. I do have a question, why add an extra quart?

·
Registered
108 Posts
You also should put a board or piece of plastic under the rear tire to keep it off the ground. That is supposed to help keep it from dry rotting.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Hello ..put a dehumidifier in the room/garage with it run the hose outside or to a drain.....chuck

·
Registered
657 Posts
Sandbox

James, which sandbox are you going to, Iraq or Afghanistan? I just got back to Kabul on Tuesday, starting to get chilly in the mornings and evenings, during the day still pretty nice as far as temps go.
Dennis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts