GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you folks think of the following video bloggers? Rosie Gabrielle, Mag Pie Flies, Doodle on a motorcycle. The gals give a different outlook which is great! While it is hard to feel sorry for Ewan and Charley with the full support of BMW when they get stuck in the mud with a full service vehicle and support team following them. Still highly entertaining . The gals are funny and not bad to look at? Just my 2 cents. WE need women to get involved or the sport is doomed to disappear. Comments welcome!:wink2:
MagPieFiles: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh9ZMRty0czHiDGccx1hwZg/about
Doodle on a motorcycle https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRFJclFblUdyXGdKLuWsfGQ

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
What do you folks think of the following video bloggers? Rosie Gabrielle, Mag Pie Flies, Doodle on a motorcycle. The gals give a different outlook which is great! While it is hard to feel sorry for Ewan and Charley with the full support of BMW when they get stuck in the mud with a full service vehicle and support team following them. Still highly entertaining . The gals are funny and not bad to look at? Just my 2 cents. WE need women to get involved or the sport is doomed to disappear. Comments welcome!:wink2:
I've heard objectifying them isn't the best way to get there. Don't ask me how I know. >:)

·
Registered
20,667 Posts
Sure might help if you posted some links

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have done some light adventure riding on my 650 VStrom and it is a blast and a different high than street riding and touring. Seen some of the videos on YouTube but I will have to seek out these ladies.

If you watch the "Ride with Norman Reedus" of the Walking Dead fame, he takes a trip to London and visits Elspeth Beard who did a world tour on a BMW back in the early 80's. She wrote a book, "Lone Rider." Haven't read it yet but it looks like a trail blazing adventure.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I have done some light adventure riding on my 650 VStrom and it is a blast and a different high than street riding and touring. Seen some of the videos on YouTube but I will have to seek out these ladies.

If you watch the "Ride with Norman Reedus" of the Walking Dead fame, he takes a trip to London and visits Elspeth Beard who did a world tour on a BMW back in the early 80's. She wrote a book, "Lone Rider." Haven't read it yet but it looks like a trail blazing adventure.
I didn't enjoy her book nearly as much as Jupiter's Travels, but it's solid. I did see her speak at a little thing at Bob's BMW a year and change ago, and she was very entertaining. She is featured in the May 2020 Morton's BMW Spring Fling in Natural Bridge, VA.

https://www.mortonsbmw.com/springfling_2020

·
Registered
7,762 Posts

·
Registered
20,667 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Big_Bird, thanks for this link. I will give serious consideration to this weekend, might even be able to talk the wife into it.

·
Registered
267 Posts

I'm doing my part. My daughter expressed an interest to ride when she was 6. Told her as soon as her feet would sit flat on the passenger boards she could be my passenger. Fast forward to age 14. She wanted to get her MC license. Put her through the MSF course, picked up a new 2015 CB300F for a real bargain and her riding career began. We have Sena headsets that have been an invaluable training tool. Allows me to give real-time feedback to help her along. When she turned 16, the 300cc restriction was gone so she upgraded to a Suzuki SFV650. She's 18 now and we have a great time riding together.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,667 Posts
Well so far I have watched the first 15 videos, pretty interesting, so far she has had two major engine failures, I think she better buy a different motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I'm currently subscribed to " itchy boots". She is currently riding a Himalayan from Patagonia to Alaska. She's doing it solo and picking as much gravel as she can. I'm hooked.
Richard
I watched all of her Middle East/ European adventure last year and so far I’ve seen all of her South American/North American adventure.
They’re entertaining and well produced, but not so highly produced that make it seem fake.
I have a lot of respect for her doing this by herself. I sure wouldn’t attempt this by myself.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEIs9nkveW9WmYtsOcJBwTg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
523 Posts
Would love to. Sadly, its -18 degrees Celsius here right now.

Tim:wink2:
Similar here. I'm looking at -21*F this morning.
Good day to check out some of those video links, I guess. Watched the "Long Way" series several years ago. Given the support crew(s), didn't think it all that impressive or the best choice of bikes (although I understand the sponsor having much to do with that choice).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts