GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20,760 Posts
Well I finished watching all 96 videos about the two young ladies. They must have tipped over about 30 times ! They had waaay to many break downs and I believe very many of them were caused by them working on their own bikes. When one bike would break down they often towed it with the other bike, and if both bikes broke down they managed to get another bike to stop and tow them both at the same time ! They once towed for 70 miles on a very rough gravel road !

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I wish I had the patience to video and photograph the adventure trips I have taken with my buddy Chuck. It would definitely be "Not Safe For Work". I can't tell you how many times we were stuck in rain in Massachusetts or Florida, mud in Alaska or Patagonia, snow in Ushuaia or North Dakota, rain in British Columbia, wind in Chile/Argentina, cold Andorra or Coldfoot, a hurricane in France, heat in Texas, hot heat in Arizona or Barstow, did I mention rain in Austria? And not to mention the times when we have had knock down drag out arguments. Seriously, we had one in California where we didn't talk to each other for two years. I am always amazed that others have had the time and energy for videos and photographs, but it would have definitely taken away something from our adventures.

I do try to keep a record of the things Chuck has said that I found funny. They're funny because he said them as he meant them. Like in New Mexico when I asked him what he was looking at? "I was trying to look at, what I didn't want to see!" Or in Italy "at least the slow cars are getting out of the way ... slowly!" Or in Paraguay when we were trying to get a bullfrog out of the room he said; "let me go get the woman!" hahaha. I know you guys don't find these funny, but I am laughing my azz off right now! :)

I love traveling by motorcycle, sometimes not so much when it's happening. But, my best memories are those times that I wouldn't want to live through again!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I met MagPie at Hunt's MC Lodge a year ago. IMHO she almost had too much bike for her. I and another fellow had to help her mount up in front of the store as she was on a slope and the bike would fall over ever ytime she tried to step on the peg to mount. Once on she couldn't pick it up off the side stand (uphill). We got her going but looked at each other wondering if she would make it home.

She was a very nice person and a lot of fun to talk to.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm currently subscribed to " itchy boots". She is currently riding a Himalayan from Patagonia to Alaska. She's doing it solo and picking as much gravel as she can. I'm hooked.

Richard
Itchy Boots is a very intrepid adventurer. Some around-the-world riders mostly show them talking about what they did whereas Itchy emphasizes the ride.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
That’s very true bad circumstances often lead to great memories !
My good riding buddy of many years, RIP Bill, him and I have encountered just about every problem that you can on an extended trip from weather, bike problems, getting lost, etc. and we always came away with a smile on our face.
My famous question to him when the going got rough was.....are we having fun yet?
It was always a pleasure to ride with him because we got along so well. When a riding buddy like this passes away it definitely leaves a void in your life but I do know that he's in a better place riding with the angels. (y)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts