GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this series? Ewan McGreggor and Charlie Boorman on a 18,000 mile trip around the world. What an incredible journey. If you haven't seen it I strongly advise it if you enjoy adventures. :thumbup:I understand they also did a north/south trip but it hasn't been released yet. :doorag:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have seen both Long way Round and Long Way Down. I downloaded them both from their site. Much better viewing the complete trip without the commercials.

I am sure there was a lot of behind the scenes support but still, what an adventure!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Long Way Down

Dave,

I have seen some of Long Way Round. The sequel, Long Way Down, is out and I have seen most of it. A friend of mine has recorded it.
The rides are incredible, not somethnig I would like to tackle on the wing. They put some human interest stories in as well.
My favorite part was when (Long Way Down) one of the crew members lost his passport and one of the African countries wouldn't let him in. He had to fly over to the next country on the tour. I liked it because about 2 or 3 months ago, I was making my 3rd trip of the year into Mexico on the Wing. The checkpoint on the Mexican side was about 45 miles inside the border. I got there, and couldn't find my birth certificate! They sent me packing, the little woman was VERY dissapointed. The rest of our group had a great time.

·
Registered
21,020 Posts
i had been thinking about making the trip to Alaska for quite a few years, seeing Long Way Round gave me the extra push i needed, did Alaska the next year and it was the best trip i was ever on

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
watched long way down and enjoyed it. it puts more of a human touch to it instead of just riding

1 - 9 of 9 Posts