GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Why do you need a longer shifting arm. I wear size 14 boot and have no problem shifting. You asked an interesting question, be looking toward others input.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had back surgery over the winter and my left foot and leg took a hit on my nerve so it left my foot kinda lazy and getting my foot in and under the shifter lever a little cumbersome.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have the same problem. I have yet to get back on the bike to see how I will do. Doc says the laziness should go away. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I had back surgery over the winter and my left foot and leg took a hit on my nerve so it left my foot kinda lazy and getting my foot in and under the shifter lever a little cumbersome.
I had a left ankle injury in 2016, I still can't lift a toe shift to upshift, the DCT is a Godsend for my left ankle I just wish it had come out a year sooner.:nojoke:

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
This is the way I'd go. Rather than trying to fit your foot under a shifter where it might get stuck, the heel/toe allows you shift safely and all by pushing down. Good luck, ride safe, and hope everything heals up quickly for you.

Thanks but it will never be the same.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Be careful with the longer shift levers, they will drag in very tight turns.
One of the closer things to touch down in the curves.

Barney

That is a first for me, never happened on my BMW with a 2.75" extension, how is it even possible on the 1832 with where the lever is located?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts