GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 9 days have been the longest I've went without riding since I got back into it a year and a half ago.... The weather here in Central Oklahoma has really been rotten - kids out of school for a week solid because of the ice storms...

The wing is just patiently sitting there in the garage -- geez - winter sucks this time around!

Take Care,
Brian

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
I know what you mean, to a degree that is. For this area Southeastern Texas(typically very mild winters) so far it's been colder and wetter than many of the previous years already. I didn't ride for 7 days and about went up the wall. I snuck out early Saturday morning(hey it was in the upper 40's today, yea!!)even though it looked rough and ran about 200 miles before it started raining again and I put her up. Rode her hard and put her up wet. Kinda makes ya feel sorry for those ole northern boys, huh?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I got up this morning and we finally have enough snow so I can try out my other new toy.. :wink: :wink:

Of course it has a snowblower on the front, not the mower. I have been waiting since Oct. to try it out. Well gotta go, the sun is up and the snow is waiting.. :lol: :lol:

I hope this is the only time I need it this winter... I would rather ride the bikes than have to really work :wink: :wink:

Ross

·
Registered
73 Posts
I feel your pain! I'm in Edmond, OK, and have experienced the same. Just got home from work, and though most of the roads are melted, I have to go about 1/2 mile to get out of my addition, which is still iced over. :(

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I went for 2 weeks without riding in 2000 when we went to South America.
Good think we had cholera or else we would've been jones'n bad. Imodium is a wonderful product.
BTW, you can get antibiotics over the counter in Brazil... :shock:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Here in Northern California we haven't had much precipitation - but it's been too darn COLD to ride for the last week.

However - today we will start our ride at 11 a.m. and capture the best part of the temperatures....high is supposed to be 60.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Its been a long time here in the south too.. :lol: I rode yesterday for about 2 hours... temp was 60 .. if it was not raining today..i would ride again.. temp is 70 degrees here... gosh I love the SOUTH

cosmic

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds great Rick - hope you guys had a nice time on your cruise! I assume you got your backrest OK?

The main roads are mostly clear - but like others said - I have to drive 1/4 mile to get out of my housing addition - still covered in slushy nasty stuff! :(

I can't remember a time in my life that the weather was bad enough in Oklahoma to shut down public schools for a week! This is a record - love my family - but a little too much together time - lets get back to normal! 8)

- Brian

·
Registered
707 Posts
BC204 said:
I feel your pain! I'm in Edmond, OK, and have experienced the same. Just got home from work, and though most of the roads are melted, I have to go about 1/2 mile to get out of my addition, which is still iced over. :(

+1 :(

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sorry for you all's bad weather.... :(

Been riding here all weekend, got a bit warm though...in the mid 80's can't wait for a bit of cooler weather 60's-70's will be ok. tomorrow going riding again...figure better get some riding in before the weather get's bad :shock:

Good luck all...see you on the road soon, til then... :beer3:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Longest I've went without riding

You guys make me sick.
The Wing has been parked since mid Sept with the exception of a short ride in Dec when the roads weren't wet or it wasn't raining.
Finally froze up and a few inches of snow now, so the Wing is getting some baddly need maintenance while the weather is being winter, here in the north. Maybe we'll get enough snow to go snowmobiling yet this winter.

Farmr Jack

·
Registered
758 Posts

You guys make me sick.
The Wing has been parked since mid Sept with the exception of a short ride in Dec when the roads weren't wet or it wasn't raining.
Finally froze up and a few inches of snow now, so the Wing is getting some baddly need maintenance while the weather is being winter, here in the north. Maybe we'll get enough snow to go snowmobiling yet this winter.

Farmr Jack

·
Registered
758 Posts

You guys make me sick.

Farmr Jack

·
Registered
195 Posts
yep

We have been doing great in the great state of Virginia, until today. We got hit with a little snow around three-five inches. But, if you have ever lived in VA you know it doesn't take much to cause havock. All I can say is we have been blessed so far this year and Its not so bad to handle a month or two of rough weather....

Looking towards the sky for warmer weather.

Soldier...

·
Registered
373 Posts
My Wing has been parked in the garage since Monday, 11/27 because I had knee surgery on Tuesday, 11/28.
Then, the Colorado weather decided to begin snowing each and every weekend for five straight weeks - got another 8" this weekend bringing my yard total up to 59" over five weeks.
I thought that maybe last Saturday there were enough clear spots between my house and the major roads that I could get her out - but alas, it was not to be.
Maybe this coming weekend - it's supposed to be up in the 40s here (nearly 50!) all week.
Keep your collective fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Been a week for me, rode to work today. I don't mind riding in the wet or cold (I have gear) but I'll not start out that way. Anywho, it felt good to be back on two wheels.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
5Ross said:
I got up this morning and we finally have enough snow so I can try out my other new toy.. :wink: :wink:

Yo Ross, wanna race? :twisted:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts