GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I had the money, I think I would own one of these. The dealer raised the hood on it, showed me the Ford engine, & showed me all the features. As I get older, the thought of dumping our Wing, especially with my wife on board, doesn't thrill me. It is titled as a motorcycle, & you have to have MC endorsement, to drive it.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
If I had the money, I think I would own one of these. The dealer raised the hood on it, showed me the Ford engine, & showed me all the features. As I get older, the thought of dumping our Wing, especially with my wife on board, doesn't thrill me. It is titled as a motorcycle, & you have to have MC endorsement, to drive it.
i read you were considering a goldwing trike, if your settlement was large enough

with that in mind, isnt this stallion far below the cost of a decked out goldwing trike??

it gets far better gas mileage than a goldwing trike, much more power, air and heat , power steering, cruise, a proven automatic, all the goodies

and i didnt even mention how cool it looks just sitting there

for me, if i had a choice of any goldwing trike, vs the stallion

i would take the stallion hands down

·
Registered
402 Posts
Stallion is at least 36k or more out the door.All ford dealers can now work on them.after market CBand intercom now out.Think next will be a removable top and windows.But still a neat idea.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have to agree, I like the Stallion also. The one in the Wing World with the blue color and white stripes looks like a Cobra from behind. When my time comes for a third wheel, I will for sure look into it.

Mike

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
A dealer in Daytona Beach has several of them on the showroom floor. I have yet to see any on the street being driven/riden though.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Stallion is at least 36k or more out the door.All ford dealers can now work on them.after market CBand intercom now out.Think next will be a removable top and windows.But still a neat idea.
30k here in arkansas, plus tax

thats the asking price, i think asking price and actual selling price are going to be very subject to offers, with the current economy

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'd have to agree, nice lookin' little rig, but it would seem strang having a steering wheel instead of handlebars. Saw one here in Muskogee at a gathering last summer. Don't really want to see another one though, the wife thought she could drive one of those. I don't need no more payments:eek:4:!

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Bold prediction........In less than 60 months, the company selling these three wheeled cars will have gone belly up....36K??? Yeah, right.

If you want a convertible, buy a Miata..;)

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I'd have to agree, nice lookin' little rig, but it would seem strang having a steering wheel instead of handlebars. Saw one here in Muskogee at a gathering last summer. Don't really want to see another one though, the wife thought she could drive one of those. I don't need no more payments:eek:4:!
I know just what your saying,,,,,My wife got one look at the steering wheel and the auto trans in it,, and guess what she wants now,,,,,,,

·
Registered
154 Posts
I test rode one last year and with the air conditioner running it had the power of a sick puppy. I gave it all it had and there was nothing to be had as far as power. I would hate to know that I was on the road needing too or trying to pass somebody because it would take 3 miles to do it if you could do it at all.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I test rode one last year and with the air conditioner running it had the power of a sick puppy. I gave it all it had and there was nothing to be had as far as power. I would hate to know that I was on the road needing too or trying to pass somebody because it would take 3 miles to do it if you could do it at all.
I think you need to find another dealer and try it again. Myself and the others that road it that day did not have that experience.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
this thing has a power to weight ratio similar to any sports car on the road

it will rock your world

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I'm thinking the same as the guy above that said....I'd just buy a convertible! If it rains, put the top up. If it gets cold, close the windows, roll up the top and turn on the heater.

$30K will buy a nice sports car these days!

It would be another cold day in he$$ before I ever spend $30K ever again on a bike or a trike. BTDT and it wasn't fun at all!

·
Registered
18,687 Posts
No slam intended.

Here are my comments. I road one at a rally for 25 minutes. Louder than a stock Gold Wing. Brakes stop on a dime. I have Traxxion on my wing, Wife said compared to the wing ride is very rough. It turned on a dime. Power was fine.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts