GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a riding buddy with a GL1800 in Salt Lake City area. Shoot me a line about riding styles and compatibility.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
ZEFR said:
I'm looking for a riding buddy with a GL1800 in Salt Lake City area. Shoot me a line about riding styles and compatibility.
If you're not doing anything this coming Wednesday evening at 6:30 PM, go to

Jim's Restaurant
1665 West 4100 South
Taylorsville, Utah

The Salt Lake City Chapter of the GWRRA (http://home.comcast.net/~valleywings/home.html) has their meetings there and then.

You'll meet a bunch of riding buddies.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZEFR said:
I have not heard a thing?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
On this board, you will usually find either a wealth of information or a complete lack of one. Generally the folks here will withhold their posts, especially when a question is asked, unless they have a good answer for you. That is until they start to feel silly, then all bets are off.

You also posted on a Saturday... Most folks are out riding, but come the work week, you should see some more replies.

You might want to check with your local dealer to see if they can suggest some riding buddies. You have some great touring country there and I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to dig something up.

·
Registered
311 Posts
...Or just hang out at the local DQ for a few minutes. U shudn't have to wait too long for a "buddy" to show up. :lol:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Maybe Jack was looking for an email from someone local? ? ? ?

I guess this could be a "bump" for him :D

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
With a Goldwing your riding buddies aren't usually local. Most of mine are from other states.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Zefr, I live in Sandy, I got my wing in july, I ride when ever I can. My problem is my job, it keeps getting in the way of my life.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock:

Rrixx,
I think we (board folks) really think of y'all hockey, mayo on burger folks as an extension of the fun, we don't need no stinkin' dotted line boundries in the way. :wink: :lol:

:flg:

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
******* Dave said:

Rrixx,
I think we (board folks) really think of y'all hockey, mayo on burger folks as an extension of the fun, we don't need no stinkin' dotted line boundries in the way. :wink: :lol:

I feel the same way. I just wish the immigration people did when I go to renew my TN visa. They make me feel like a criminal. OK, I left myself wide open on that one.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock: :lol: :roll: :wink:

Yea ya did !!! But I'm feelin' courteous today and that's the freebie for the week there Blue Guy. :wink:

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
******* Dave said:
:shock: :lol: :roll: :wink:

Yea ya did !!! But I'm feelin' courteous today and that's the freebie for the week there Blue Guy. :wink:

:bow: :bow:

Now I better shut up before Bulldog gets on me for hijacking this thread.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
******* Dave said:

Rrixx,

I thought everyone puts MAYO on burgers!!! And sugar on cottage cheese! :eat1:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
sdlyon5 said:
******* Dave said:

Rrixx,

Not south of the Mason Dixon Line! :shock: :D

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
sdlyon5 said:
******* Dave said:

Rrixx,

Doesn't everybody :?: :wink:

Seriously, I have riding buddies that live within 3 miles of me and I have been fortunate to find riding partners from several miles away that I always look forward to hooking up with for a ride. Sometimes it means a 4-6 hour ride solo to get with them but that is what makes it all worth it.

For instance, next week I will ride from here to Dayton, Ohio (3 hours) to meet up with Polecat and then we are headed to Hillsboro, Ohio and meet up with Iwing and Ronbein the next day to head down to the BBQ. I did this same thing last year and had a ball. I have been looking forward to this trip since I got home last year. The only difference is this year the trailer will stay in the garge. It will make keeping up a little easier on the BRP. :wink: :wink: I had a hard time making the speed limit with the trailer. :x :x :wink: :wink:

You might check out the GWTA board www.gwta.org as well and find out what is in your area if anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts