GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
What kind of valve stems are you using. I've been looking at these but would care to hear your opinions first.

http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/tire_valves/index.htm
Steve, I just got a pair of these the other day to go on my soon to be, newly powdercoated wheels. Very nice stems, quick shipping and they included a nice key chain with my order. When I install mine, I'm going to take their advice and mount them the opposite direction so when the bike is on the side stand, it'll be easier to access when inflating the tires.

·
Vendor
21,411 Posts
The web page says the wheels have to be modified on a wing to make them fit. You probably have to remove the tab on the rim that holds the plastic clip in place.

I had a set on the FJR, and when I changed the tires, I found the nuts on the inside had loosened up. You might want to use some LOW STRENGTH thread lock on them so they don't loosen up.

I also was not real impressed with the seal, and I had to be real careful installing them to make sure the seal was in properly.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
The web page says the wheels have to be modified on a wing to make them fit. You probably have to remove the tab on the rim that holds the plastic clip in place.

I had a set on the FJR, and when I changed the tires, I found the nuts on the inside had loosened up. You might want to use some LOW STRENGTH thread lock on them so they don't loosen up.

I also was not real impressed with the seal, and I had to be real careful installing them to make sure the seal was in properly.
Just why, I haven't used them or any bolt on valves!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts