GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to purchase a 2023 DCT Non-Touring bike before December.

I'm currently on several dealers' lists within 150 miles of Atlanta. The issue is that most of them only get one or two Goldwing's a year, and the few that do get them are marking them up with silly fake charges and other fees.

Request: If you know of a dealership with bikes scheduled to come in by December and don't play games with fees and markups, please let me know. I greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Try Russellville Honda in Arkansas. They are a Powerhouse dealer who usually get the first off the ship when they are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,621 Posts
Schroader's is charging $2,500.00 above MSRP now!
Looks like some of the bike dealers are following in the footsteps of the auto dealerships when it comes to markup over MSRP :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd tell them to shove it. I have a hard time grasping the concept of anyone paying sticker price, let alone a penny over it.
Me too...thanks!
Looks like some of the bike dealers are following in the footsteps of the auto dealerships when it comes to markup over MSRP :(
exactly! I recently purchased a new convertible C8 Corvette and some of the markups dealers were asking for was criminal. By the way there’s a dealer in Georgia that sell Corvettes at MSRP but it’s about a six month waiting list. Let me know if interested.

·
Registered
2021 6 speed Wing, 2021 Kawasaki Z900RS, 2019 Road Glide
2,769 Posts
I'm not sure if you'll see a '23 in the showroom by December. I didn't see a '22 in the showroom until May.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
2022 models started appearing at dealers in Dec 2021......announced by Honda November 16, 2021.
Seeing them in the showroom is a different story.......most dealers have lists of potential buyers with money down on a new Wing.

They arrive and go out the door in a matter of a few days....

Expect the same with 2023 models.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2022 models started appearing at dealers in Dec 2021......announced by Honda November 16, 2021.
Seeing them in the showroom is a different story.......most dealers have lists of potential buyers with money down on a new Wing.

They arrive and go out the door in a matter of a few days....

Expect the same with 2023 models.
Exactly! That's what I'm trying to do....get on the “first call list”

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Exactly! That's what I'm trying to do....get on the “first call list”
Just for reference:
I was first on the list at my dealer for a 2022 with money down in Oct 2021, before actual release date announced by Honda.
I was told in Nov 2022 that my Ultra Blue Metallic (UBM) DCT Tour would arrive in Dec 2022.......as reported by Honda to Heartland Honda.
The one they got in Dec turned out to be Black and not the UBM. :(

My UBM did not show up until March 2022......which worked out anyways as that's when my CSC Trike kit arrived.

Bottom line, what Honda says.......or your dealer says, is all subject to wild change in dates and availability.
The days of Goldwing glut inventory are gone for good I'm afraid...... :confused:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Schroader's is charging $2,500.00 above MSRP now!
I HATE companies that do that !!! MSRP gives the dealer's enough profit to pay overhead and make a reasonable profit to stay in business.

Yes, I know that private companies can charge whatever they want to, but businesses that jack up their prices due to inventory shortages and take advantage of customers like this can just keep their inventory and go out of business. I won't be giving them ANY of my money.

I feel the same about car dealers too that pull this crap too !! :mad::mad:

Rant over.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Won't buy any vehicles or toys that are over MSRP.

Reactions: CAWing

·
Registered
48 Posts
I HATE companies that do that !!! MSRP gives the dealer's enough profit to pay overhead and make a reasonable profit to stay in business.

Yes, I know that private companies can charge whatever they want to, but businesses that jack up their prices due to inventory shortages and take advantage of customers like this can just keep their inventory and go out of business. I won't be giving them ANY of my money.

I feel the same about car dealers too that pull this crap too !! :mad::mad:

Rant over.
[/QUOTE
Not the dealers fault but rather the consumer. We set the market value. Same for everything out there. If we didn't buy any bikes from them for that ridiculous price they would get the hint real fast.

·
Registered
10,120 Posts
Not the dealers fault but rather the consumer. We set the market value. Same for everything out there. If we didn't buy any bikes from them for that ridiculous price they would get the hint real fast.
So, it's the consumer that has >30 large 💲 burning a hole in his pocket wanting a bike NOW?

You're right, but again, that guy really doesn't care that the functions of supply and demand are still highly functional - and highly sensitive these days.

Most of us don't fit that category.

As mentioned, it's a toy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts