GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello bikers i am looking for a FOR A HONDA CRV, or a S2000 keyless remote for MY GOLDWING GL-1800 ANY ONE WITH THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS CRUSH :)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
If you don't locate one here, there is usually a fella on ebay that offers them. If there is junk yard near you, check with them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I saw one on EBAY today as I was looking around. Check it out. I just searched for "gl 1800".

·
Registered
147 Posts
Why don't you just program the one that came with your Goldwing. I'll see if I can locate the sequence codes for you ... it's been a while. Maybe someone else here will post their code for you if I'm not able to find it.

Honda already built them into the manufactures remote but decided it was too much of a liability so they don't sell them pre-loaded.

·
Registered
730 Posts
New / another keyless remote:::::I purchased one from a honda dealer...Yes I did have to program it to the bike...The new remote did not come with programming instructions and the dealer made a copy out of his manuel....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did not get one with the bike better yet i did not know it came with one the man i got the bike from must kept it oh well maybe some one will have one i will keep looking thanks crush,,,,,

·
Registered
547 Posts
If I remember correctly, the remote for our bikes is the same one used on one of the car models. They're supposedly much easier to get from a car dealer than a motorcycle shop, but I don't remember the exact model car they fit.
Someone else will likely chime in.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Ebay, on there all the time...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump

FCC ID
because i don't have a remote to start with would it be safe to get the fcc # from some one else remote to match one up for my bike,when i look on e-bay it show the FCC # how will i know i am getting the right remote can some one help with this. CRUSH,,,,,, :? :?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sometimes you learn things on this board just by sheer accident. I have an O3 Wing and an 06 S2000 (Both red of course). Both have the same FCC ID, and the same part number 35011-KA.Tx 72147-KA.
Never noticed they look EXACTLY alike, except the trunk button has a pix of a m/c, or a car.
Who'd a thunk.

·
Registered
19,048 Posts
I think you turn the ignition to ACC while holding down the HONDA remote for 10 seconds. Now release. Next click REMOTE 4 times,then turn ignition from ACC to OFF. Make sure bike is in NEUTRAL or you have to start process all over again,lastly turn ignition from the OFF position to the ON position Three times while also clicking the remote three times. It should now be set up for remote starting. This will work on the 01,02,03s and 05's the 04 as everyone knows especially BLK04 just plain sux and you should get rid of. The 06 and 07 sequence is different. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Darn you to heck. I tried that sequence and now my S2000 remote unlocks my car, opens the trunk, and starts my wing and both horns start blowing and lights flashing.
It also reset my ECM so it overheats, and I think I hear the frame creaking.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
This one will be a while, so pull up a seat, and enjoy the show!

:eat2: :beer8: :eat1: :chicken: :a13:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think i may have a remote i have a bid on one we will see, thanks to all for the help crush,,,,,

·
Registered
547 Posts
Maybe I'm misreading this....
Is the remote that unlocks the trunk also capable of remote starting the bike?

·
Registered
147 Posts
That is precisely the remote we're talking about. I love it ... you just have to remember to leave it in neutral and on the center stand.

·
Registered
547 Posts
So, in the instructions that were given by laen, when it says to hold down remote, which button are you supposed to hold down?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just be careful. If you get it out of sequence, the ECM may get messed up, and it won't start at all. It effects the injectors and you won't get fuel.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts