GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A year or so ago, the ADG went out on my son's 2008 Wing. We found a mechanic in Kansas City that was willing to work on it, but he ran out of time to deal with it, so he let it set for a while. In the mean time he was transferred to Oklahoma City and is once again interested in getting the bike repaired. I am hoping to find someone that has done the work before, otherwise he will end up towing it to Kansas City. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Bump to the top. No, I don't know anyone in OKC that could help.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Maybe contact Fred Harmon, in Mountain Home AR. Since you may be towing it anyway...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
A year or so ago, the ADG went out on my son's 2008 Wing. We found a mechanic in Kansas City that was willing to work on it, but he ran out of time to deal with it, so he let it set for a while. In the mean time he was transferred to Oklahoma City and is once again interested in getting the bike repaired. I am hoping to find someone that has done the work before, otherwise he will end up towing it to Kansas City. Any suggestions?
It's been 3 months now, where do you stand with the repair?

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Repair

It's been 3 months now, where do you stand with the repair?
With the rapidly declining price of pre-2010 Wings, my son is not certain if he wants to actually repair the bike. It has 180,000 miles and it has been totaled, so it is a salvage title. My guess is he is going to part it out. The people at the shop in Kansas City want to look at it to verify that it is the ADG and he may go that far. If he could get it fixed for < $1000, it would be an OK deal for him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts