GL1800Riders Forums banner

Looking for a Mechanic

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Xrider 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 bike with a 2010 CSC trike kit on it. The Alternator Drive Gear appears to have failed. Neither Honda dealer in my area will touch because it is a trike. I need to find a mechanic within a reasonable driving distance (that distance will increase with desperation) of NE Alabama. If anyone knows someone in that area who can do the work, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

#2 ·
Gary's Hobby Shop in McDonough, GA. He is a CSC trike builder, but his main business is working on Gold Wings. If you want the best, try Gary.

http://garyshobbieshop.com/

#7 ·
This wasn't so much a Trike problem as an engine problem. The local Honda dealers wouldn't work on it because it was a trike and most of the area trike buiders wouldn't do it because the engine has to be completely removed to replace the ADG. Honda of Rome GA took it on and it is fixed. Hopefully, you never have an Aternator Drive Gear go bad cause it ain't cheap!!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

#9 ·
There was no warning. My wife said on the CB "My trike just started making noise and it doesn't sound minor" We pulled over and I was sure the engine was coming apart. It was a metallic grinding noise and the engine was visibly vibrating. She shut it down and I checked the oil. It was good. The engine temp was normal and it was shifting normal so she rode it on home. I got on the tech board and figured out that it was likely the ADG. Its one of those things that you can't worry about I guess. There is no way to head it off or service that will prevent it. Just hope it doesn't happen. I paid 2500.00 to have it repaired, but I had them put in new bearings every place they could get to with the back cover off since the engine was already out. 1700 and change in labor, the rest in parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.