GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody got any suggestions or advice on either a nolan n43 or the scorpion modular type helmets? i have looked at both and just wanted to see what others are using.

·
Registered
198 Posts
anybody got any suggestions or advice on either a nolan n43 or the scorpion modular type helmets? i have looked at both and just wanted to see what others are using.
I like a quiet and comfortable helmet. My wife and I both wear the Schuberth C3. My last helment was a Nolan I really liked it until I tried the Schuberth. The venting in the Schuberth is 2nd to none IMO.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I'm a big ARAI helmet fan.

They have models that fit three different head shapes, so you're sure to get a helmet that actually fits your head and doesn't pinch anywhere or have pressure points. You can also swap out the cheek pads and crown (top of head) pad to if you need to to get a really custom fit.

Expensive, but your head's worth it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have had Nolans, Schuberths, Shoei, but for me the best helmets have been, and still are my Scorpions, the Exo 900 is an incredible piece of kit.
I have the Exo 1000 for my busa

Sent from my K00E using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm a big ARAI helmet fan.

They have models that fit three different head shapes, so you're sure to get a helmet that actually fits your head and doesn't pinch anywhere or have pressure points. You can also swap out the cheek pads and crown (top of head) pad to if you need to to get a really custom fit.

Expensive, but your head's worth it.
My ugly elongated noggin dictates I wear an Arai Signet. Only helmet I can wear all day.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Love my nolan n-104 with n-com, great helmet at a great price.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
We bought Scorpion EXO900s one size larger. Nice features. Weird sizing and rounded head shape. I hope to replace the Scorpion with a more oval shaped NeoTech Shoei.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
kwthom;5374410[B said:
]Buy the fit before you buy the name[/B]...do a bit of research on-line on the topic.

http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/sizing

HJC RPHA is a pretty decent lid for the price.
DON'T try Schuberth C3. It might fit.

I made the mistake of trying on a Schuberth C3. At a BMW dealer. (Hey, I was there for a seminar.)
It was the most comfortable helmet I've ever tried. I didn't want to take it off!

But it wasn't in the budget so I left without it.

I'd heard that the Neotec was a close second choice - and less money. So when I was at the Long Beach International MC show I gave it a try. For my head, it didn't work. Loose in some spots, pressure in others.

Then I walked over to the Schuberth booth, hoping that I'd be disappointed.

My only disappointment was that it felt even better than I remembered it. They were offering it at a "show special" - no sales tax added. Holy [email protected] - that's almost 9% off.
The fit and finish, the mechanical functions, the internal visor... Everything is just... Perfect. It fit my head and face like it was custom molded just for me.

But it still wasn't/isn't in the budget.

I'm ruined for any other helmet. But I know what I'm saving my pennies for!

·
Registered
150 Posts
your best bet is to try on the helmets yourself. Your head is different than everyone elses on here. What one person might praise is the most comfortable helmet on the market might give you a splitting headake after 10 minutes of use. They are like shoes. Just because you find one in your "size" doesnt mean its going to fit.

Suggestion on here are exactly that suggestions. Try on the helmets and you like and pick the one that is most comfortable. It should be a snug fit without causing any pressure points. (top of head or forehead)

Repost with your review of your new lid when you get it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys. i have narrowed my choices to the nolan n43 and the scorion exo. i am going to go look the shoei today and will let you all know. fit is the most important but everybody knows price does play a big part in it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
thanks guys. i have narrowed my choices to the nolan n43 and the scorion exo. i am going to go look the shoei today and will let you all know. fit is the most important but everybody knows price does play a big part in it.
I had the Nolan, noisy. Please try on the Schuberth C3 Pro. I is the lightest AND quietest on the market. I NEVER had a helmet that fit my round face so well. You MUST try it on first, do not buy on the net unless you try it first.
The bad? They are costly BUT I can't imagine why I did not get it earlier. The C3 had some fitment issues for some folks (chin not deep enough).
They also have a Pro3 Woman's, the pads are changed a bit for cosmetics and a ladies higher cheek bones etc. The wife loves the rose color liner. Last, the N American customer service is phenomenal, 30% replacement accident programs etc!

·
Registered
150 Posts
My last helmet cost me $720. I really like the new model but at $840 MSRP its just plain too much right now. I think I'm going to wear the old one longer than the manufacturer recommendations just due to the cost of replacement. Manufacturers recommend to replace the helmets every 5 years due to sweat breaking down the EPS foam.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks everyone for the input, i went and checked out the others that have been suggested, but i went ahead and bought the nolan n43e(fit was good and price was a key issue) i was told that nolan discontinued the n43 and the new model is n44, so after they said that i told them "well, your just going to have to come down on that price" low and behold after some serious negotiation i got it for 204.00 which left some extra for some new accesories for the wing.:lol:

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
thanks everyone for the input, i went and checked out the others that have been suggested, but i went ahead and bought the nolan n43e(fit was good and price was a key issue) i was told that nolan discontinued the n43 and the new model is n44, so after they said that i told them "well, your just going to have to come down on that price" low and behold after some serious negotiation i got it for 204.00 which left some extra for some new accesories for the wing.:lol:
Nolan is a good lid. I've had a couple over the years and thought they were a good product.

Sounds like you are happy and thats what really matters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts