GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time ago I saw a photo here where of our members had painted the HONDA letters that are cut into the trim strip that goes between upper valve and lower spark plug covers.
The one I saw had the letters painted in red to match the bike, hopefully someone can repost it or point me to the thread where it is posted.

Thanks

·
Vendor
17,785 Posts
I saw it too. Can't remember where. Lots of people paint those letters in.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I did mine with Testor's model paint and a small pointed brush Just let it flow into the letters. You do have to remove the piece.

7 years and still looks good.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Yes similar , thanks
I did mine with automotive spray paint. Taped off around the word HONDA, spray painted, put gas on a rag and wrapped the rag around a ruler, wiped off paint leaving only the paint that was recessed in the letters. A lot of people use high quality finger nail polish too.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Looks great! Did something like that when I had my ST-1300. I’ll do my wing this winter.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The 'Honda' and the 'ABS' were both done using a blue Sharpie.

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
I painted mine some years ago with oil base gloss black. Still looks good.
I cleaned out the letters with alcohol on qtips.
Think i used a toothpick or something similar to get the paint in the letters.
Removing and laying flat is the way to go

·
Registered
412 Posts
Color Options

I did mine with automotive spray paint. Taped off around the word HONDA, spray painted, put gas on a rag and wrapped the rag around a ruler, wiped off paint leaving only the paint that was recessed in the letters. A lot of people use high quality finger nail polish too.

You could come up with some really wild color options with finger nail polish! But doubt Honda produced those colors as stock GW options.

·
Registered
851 Posts
That looks pretty cool. Never thought to do that. Geez, the color choices are infinite. Think I’ll attempt the wife’s bike first. Hey, just saying... >:)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Many years ago I painted the H and the D. Spent the summer laughing at all the people that would drive up next to it and comment on the new model Harley. LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts