GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Go to e-bay with your bikes paint code. o.e.m. and knock-offs range in price 55 for Chinese to 300 for o.e.m. I bought Chinese color matched to blacked out 2016 can't tell it's not o.e.m. lots of o.e.m colors are not available. all spoilers will fit 2001- 2017 only difference is slight style change, can't notice. see older post by me in 2012-2017 forum.

Billy

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Wing Stuff has them listed by year and color.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wing Stuff
thank you
Go to e-bay with your bikes paint code. o.e.m. and knock-offs range in price 55 for Chinese to 300 for o.e.m. I bought Chinese color matched to blacked out 2016 can't tell it's not o.e.m. lots of o.e.m colors are not available. all spoilers will fit 2001- 2017 only difference is slight style change, can't notice. see older post by me in 2012-2017 forum.

Billy
thanks bill. I can not find one for bike but I will still be looking

·
Registered
478 Posts
Just checked EBAY and it looks like they might have changed styles after 2011. I also have the 2015, not sure about the new ones, I think I would rather have the old style.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Just checked EBAY and it looks like they might have changed styles after 2011. I also have the 2015, not sure about the new ones, I think I would rather have the old style.
Shouldn’t be any change ... 2001-2017 exact same truck lid. There was not a 2011 year model. Went from 2010 to the redesigned shelter and saddlebags in 2012, but the truck is identical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far I have found 4 and was told by the seller that it would not fit the 40th Anniversary. For reason Honda stop making them. Not sure why but they did.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
He told you they wouldn’t fit, probably because he was concerned the bolt holes wouldn’t match up. As has been stated, the trunk lids are all the same through 2012...

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The only difference in the spoilers are the shape. I think Honda changed the t o allow for a rack to fit. The older style was too tall in the center. The new style is flatter. As far as the mounting holes. I looked at the template for my 2004 and my 2012, they are the same.

·
Vendor
16,006 Posts
Does anyone know where i may find a spoiler for my bike?
If you're still able to find an OEM one, buy it. Like most of the 55 Hondaline accessories that were made for 5th gens, one-by-one they are becoming no longer available. You can also ask your local Honda dealer to do a national search for one. When I have my local dealer do that, they will comeback with dealer location and it's phone number. From there, I am on my own to call and see if they really have one in stock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wing Stuff has them listed by year and color.
I just got off the phone with wing stuff and they said that they would have to go through Honda to order it. but Honda is telling them that it is a discontinued item... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you're still able to find an OEM one, buy it. Like most of the 55 Hondaline accessories that were made for 5th gens, one-by-one they are becoming no longer available. You can also ask your local Honda dealer to do a national search for one. When I have my local dealer do that, they will comeback with dealer location and it's phone number. From there, I am on my own to call and see if they really have one in stock.
I did call Honda and was told that the 2012 was the same lid that is on my 2015. it only comes in red, blue, and white. So I got the white one. It will be easy to match the paint of my bike. It does fit just like I was told by Honda.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts