GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like it says, I am looking for a steal. A steal on a Wing. :nojoke: Really, I am not trying to be funny, but I have money to buy, but not pay a huge price. Currently have an 02 Yellow and am having to do a lot of rebuild work on it, so looking for something to ride now. If you want retail price, no need to respond. If you are offering one at just a good price, no need sending me a message. I am being totally up front, and if someone needs to sell for a deeply discounted price I will consider it.

Hope I am not being unfair or crass, but sometime people need to turn something and are willing to take a very low price. So if that is you, please send me a PM and we will take it from there.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
569 Posts
you can't hit if you don't swing. Good luck. if it ain't a junker, your aren't likely to find one. I've been looking for almost a yeaar

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
:nojoke: Any LOTTO winners out there, who think all that money will ruin their lives, please contact me. :nojoke:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Single, unemployed, broke, overweight, male looking for slim young and good
looking female billionaire for sex and financial support! Hey we all have our dreams!:wrong:

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Last year I had buddy sell his 07 for $13,000, it does happen, maybe someone will sell it to you rather than take a beating from a dealer by trading it in.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Here is a good deal on a 1500
1988 Phantom Gray GL1500 with 127K miles. Good condition. Trunk spoiler/Light, CB, and Tulsa windshield. Can include CeeBailey windshield if interested.

Reduced to $3000.

Ken Dean 253-536-3984, 253-686-5172, [email protected]

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
There's nothing wrong with wanting to buy at the lowest price possible and I commend you for being courageous enough to be straight forward about it. On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with wanting to sell at top dollar, either.

I hope you find something you can use, maybe a high mileage bike at a reasonable price. I've seen a few on here, but they're rare.

Sincerely,
2W

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Totally agree-and true value is what someone is willing to pay and someone is willing to sell for.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to buy at the lowest price possible and I commend you for being courageous enough to be straight forward about it. On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with wanting to sell at top dollar, either.

I hope you find something you can use, maybe a high mileage bike at a reasonable price. I've seen a few on here, but they're rare.

Sincerely,
2W

·
Registered
61 Posts
I respect you for being up front with what you are looking for. It would be nice if more people would just quit beating around the bush. Makes things easier.

Good luck on your hunt. I'm sure you will find what you want. I did the same thing and ended up with an 03 1800 for $9,500.00. The bike is in like new condition with low miles. Just took patience and time.:yes1:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I bought my '02 from a stealer for $8k. It had 91k miles and now has 113k. I'm still waiting to discover what is wrong with it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Single, unemployed, broke, overweight, male looking for slim young and good
looking female billionaire for sex and financial support! Hey we all have our dreams!:wrong:
:agree:Dibs on her sister/mom/female cousin!

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
Lots of 1800's for $11,000 and under on ebay right now. A couple are even at dealers. I know there are some ebay haters out there but if you are careful and find one close enough to look out you just might find your "steal". I bought mine on ebay and was able to travel 3.5 hours to look at it before I committed to the sale. Good luck!

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
So, just how much money do you intend to spend?. Might just appeal to sellers sitting on the fence.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I just bought a 2001 ABS with 17000 miles on it for 8500 with a box full of extras. It had its 15k service done , brakes are like new, and I had to put some new feet on it.
I found it on crags list using on of the national craigslist search sites.

I had found a few others in that range as well..

They have been build 1800 wings for 11 years now, theres bunches of them for sale..

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can you tell me about the national Craigslist search sites?
Thanks!:bow:

I just bought a 2001 ABS with 17000 miles on it for 8500 with a box full of extras. It had its 15k service done , brakes are like new, and I had to put some new feet on it.
I found it on crags list using on of the national craigslist search sites.

I had found a few others in that range as well..

They have been build 1800 wings for 11 years now, theres bunches of them for sale..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts