GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now live in the Surprise, AZ area (after moving here from northern Illinois) and I'm trying to locate a shop that mounts car tires on Goldwing wheels. Been through all the pages listing members here willing to help out other darksiders, but there were none. Doesn't have to be a local shop either...... Have Tire, Will Travel.
Do you know of an Arizona shop that is trustworthy? Please let me know. Thanks,
Steve F

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
You might want to send a PM to forum member Arizona16 (Jim). He lives in Arizona and runs Darkside and I'm sure he can steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
There are lot's of them. You just have to tell them it is for a trike. Also, they won't be able to balance it. I've had discount tire mount them before, as well as Fletcher's.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arizona is a pretty big state. Are you sure your interested in statewide locations?
Well, yeah, I'm going to limit my area to the valley region. I guess I was too broad in my statement :surprise: Yeah, the valley is a pretty large area at that LOL.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
My last one was done at Fletchers at Deer Valley and 83rd. No problems at all. From now on I’ll even buy the tire from them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Look for an independent shop in your area, they don't ask questions and usually have the right equipment. For balancing I use Dynabeads.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
A lot of us DSrs use Wally world. Just tell them it's a left tire for a custom trailer $10 plus tax. They can't balance it but balance beads or centramatic balancers fix that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
I used a local tire shop where the owners happen to be old time bike owners and racers back when they were young. They didn't care what it was used on, I justed showed them which way the wheel rolls and they took it from there.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I'm pretty sure D&D won't do it unless they have changed their policy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
D & D Discount Motorcycle is a great place to get repairs, but no they will not mount a car tire.
Today I purchased a Driveguard 195/55R/16 87V from Firestone Auto Care at 15420 W Van Buren in Goodyear. Corner of Van Buren + Estrella Parkway, 623-208-5836.
They didn't have the size in stock, but ordered it and that afternoon they had it. Mounted it free on my extra rim. The tech asked me 2-questions, do you want both of these containers of Dynabeads added in, 3oz, and how much psi would you like?
Can't wait to get it on the bike, and go for a test ride.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Considering one of the D and D principles wrote an article blasting car tires, I would say they definitely won’t mount them. Great place for other services though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts