GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the procedures of re setting (Pete's) MP Player by
using an older unit (V1) so I can get my Model V3 working.
Thanks

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Plug V1 into bike (no card inserted)

Turn on ignition

Turn on audio

Select CD

Wait for some CD info on the screen

Turn off ignition your done

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I am just curios but what causes one to have to be reset, mine has worked flawless since I have had it but I wouldn't want to do something that would make me have to reset it if I could.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You probably don't have to worry with your 2001. The reset problem is pretty much limited to '06 and newer bikes with Navigation.

Jim

·
Registered
595 Posts
I am just curios but what causes one to have to be reset, mine has worked flawless since I have had it but I wouldn't want to do something that would make me have to reset it if I could.
That's the Million $$$ question!!!

I have an '08 NAV and after an initial installation reset my V3 BikeMP3 worked flawlessly for 6 months. Turned the bike off one day after a ride and the next time I started it up the infamous NO DISC was all I could get. I didn't touch anything, I didn't change anything I simply shut the bike off and then restarted it the next day. The MP3 player still functions in every other respect but the display is locked on NO DISC and nothing seems to reset the radio display to show disk and track numbers.

All and all the BikeMP3 unit is a great addition to the bike but at present I'm patiently waiting for either a reset unit or a reset dongle from BikeMP3 to correct the NO DISC problem.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I am also waiting on a reset unit and Pete has said they are all loaned out.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Ditto...waiting on a reset unit/loaner too.
Had Pete reset in Killeen. Sure did enjoy seeing the track and CD# displayed. Had to disconnect battery one day for maintenance and poof.....need to do a reset again.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Pete.........i have a reset unit that never worked for me......would you like it returned to fix it? maybe help some of these guy's out.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if there's someone with a V1 or V2 in your area ..just borrow theirs to do the reset. Have them (or you) meet somewhere .. take an "L' wrench with ya ( to remove the seats) ..do the reset .. have lunch and a nice talk .. then be on your way ..fixed

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
V1 not V2 will do it

We are waiting on the factory I just signed off on the new unit that plugs into the same cable as the V3 just waiting for the factory

·
Registered
595 Posts
V1 not V2 will do it

We are waiting on the factory I just signed off on the new unit that plugs into the same cable as the V3 just waiting for the factory
Pete,

What do you mean by "the new unit"? Is it an upgraded MP3 player or just a new reset unit?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're right Pete ...(who would guess :lol: ) the V1 will work not the V2.

do you know, or can get a "adapter" that would allow the V1 plug onto the V3 cable and work for the reset? That would help ..no seat removal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts