GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have a 2005 GL1800 with an OEM CB installed. The SWR of the antenna and system is Channel 1: 1.1; Channel 40: 1.3. Others can receive my transmissions great - the problem is reception of other's transmissions. Standing still I have no problem receiving but as I go faster past 50 MPH or so reception gets increasingly garbled - to the point that I can't understand much of the transmission. The headset is a J&M Deluxe Performance # HS-BCD279-OF-HO.... The speakers are 'enhanced-fidelity DynaPort® helmet speakers' which have a special bass port extending out of them. I have experimented with ear plugs (to keep out the wind noise) and padding the helmet to ensure wind does not get into it near the speakers.... all to no avail. Does anyone have any experience with a similar proble.... at a loss as to my next step. I have spoken to J&M but not much help there. Thanks Roy FOUND A SOULTION So I went back to the bike and for the third time took the shelter off and
checked the connections to the filters. I had done this twice before but just
looked at them and made sure they were tight. This time I took each apart and
put them back together. As I was doing so on the last one (left front) I notices
the pin in the plastic connector was not seated right... too it out and sure
enough it was not making good contact with the mating pin.... reseated the pin
in the connector and it now appears to be working very well... at least no
broken communication... still tough to hear in high wind noise situations but
that I suspect is to be expected.
Thanks for everyones help

·
Registered
226 Posts
What happen if you sit in neutral and rev the engine to about 2500 and try it? Clear or garbled?

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Hi All, I have a 2005 GL1800 with an OEM CB installed. The SWR of the antenna and system is Channel 1: 1.1; Channel 40: 1.3. Others can receive my transmissions great - the problem is reception of other's transmissions. Standing still I have no problem receiving but as I go faster past 50 MPH or so reception gets increasingly garbled - to the point that I can't understand much of the transmission. The headset is a J&M Deluxe Performance # HS-BCD279-OF-HO.... The speakers are 'enhanced-fidelity DynaPort® helmet speakers' which have a special bass port extending out of them. I have experimented with ear plugs (to keep out the wind noise) and padding the helmet to ensure wind does not get into it near the speakers.... all to no avail. Does anyone have any experience with a similar proble.... at a loss as to my next step. I have spoken to J&M but not much help there. Thanks Roy

Is your antenna loose in the base, if you flex it does it move around below the fold over part

·
GL1800 Doctor
21,195 Posts
My intercom is always off. Should it make a difference if I turn it on? Can't understand that but will try it. Thanks for idea.
If you never have it on, then it's probably not an issue. Have you checked the battery terminals for tightness and corrosion?

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Define 'garbled'. No words intelligble, some words intelligible...

What source are you receiving from - the local freeway with over-modulated truck drivers blowing by?

There's a *chance* that it's not the radio that's having the problem. :shock:

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Try the weather band also

Sent from my teeny screen using my big fat fingers!

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Hi All, I have a 2005 GL1800 with an OEM CB installed. The SWR of the antenna and system is Channel 1: 1.1; Channel 40: 1.3. Others can receive my transmissions great - the problem is reception of other's transmissions. Standing still I have no problem receiving but as I go faster past 50 MPH or so reception gets increasingly garbled - to the point that I can't understand much of the transmission. The headset is a J&M Deluxe Performance # HS-BCD279-OF-HO.... The speakers are 'enhanced-fidelity DynaPort® helmet speakers' which have a special bass port extending out of them. I have experimented with ear plugs (to keep out the wind noise) and padding the helmet to ensure wind does not get into it near the speakers.... all to no avail. Does anyone have any experience with a similar proble.... at a loss as to my next step. I have spoken to J&M but not much help there. Thanks Roy
sounds like you do not have the 3 noise filters installed. This will be a question for pedro at bikeMP3. I know its not his CB but he will what to do first to try to solve your problem. I will put on the bat light for you.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts